Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Jul 14, 2012, 05:10 AM
    Solve this 'Mental Ability' sum.
    There are six religious spots A,B,C,D,E and F, which are to be visited one on each day, from Monday to Saturday. The visits are to be scheduld in the light of following conditions –

i. A must be visited on the previous day of the day on which E is visited.
    ii. B is to be visited on a day which follows the day on which F is visited.
    iii. C must not be visited on Thursday.
    iv. D must be visited on Friday, and it should not be visited immediately preceded by B.
    v. E must not be visited on the last day.

1. Which of the following place is visited on Monday? (C,D,E,F)
    2. Which of the following places immediately follows B? (A,D,E,F)
    3. Place D is visited between which of the pairs of places?
    F and B, A and E E and B C and E
    4. Which of the following schedule of places to be visited starting from Monday?
    BFAEDC, FBEADC, FBAEDC, FBADEC
    5. Place C can't be under any circumstances be visited on which of the days in addition to Tuesday?
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
    NOTE – I want this problem solved.
    MY OPINION – I tried this question. And, what I did is as follows.

From given points, I've gives clear message that D is visited on FRIDAY. From ii, iii and v, I took clues, and mentioned these as NO.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
    A
    B (NOt on Thursday)
    C (NOt on Thursday)
    D (YES on Friday)
    E (NOt on Saturday)
    F

I actually drew a column-wise box, but when I copied it here, it disappeared. I shall be grateful, if someone guides me how to paste the boxes here. All replies will be appreciated.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Actually I find there are at least two different solutions. You know that AE must be in order and also FB in order, and D on Friday. So C must be on Saturday. So possible solutions in order from Monday through Saturday are:

A,E,F,B,D,C
    F,B,A,E,D,C
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Jul 18, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Thanks so much, ebaines...

Your answer is really so so so helpful to me. So nice of you, and I shall like you to please solve one puzzle out of the given, which I have already mentioned here, alongwith many others, but all (but one) got solved. The one is -

Place C can’t be under any circumstances be visited on which of the days in addition to Tuesday?

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

Kindly solve it. Thanks.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 18, 2012, 11:37 AM
    If you look at the two possible solutions C must be on Saturday. Therefore it cannot possibly be on any other day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

how do you solve the magic square using 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9. The sum of 18. [ 1 Answers ]

it's a 3x3 magic square and you need to use the numbers 1 to 9 making sure all rows, columns and diagonals add up to 18.

Solve the sum of physics on force [ 1 Answers ]

If BAJAJ claims thet its new bike Pulsar 350cc, weighing 250 kg can attains a max. Speed of 216kmph in just 5 seconds. Then find out the value of force that must be appied by the powerful engine of the bike?

Physics quantum theory solve the sum [ 1 Answers ]

How many grams of Ne will have same number of particles as 27gms. Of Ar?

What colour is my skin sum say I'm light sum say I'm dark [ 1 Answers ]

I know of a girl who is about my colour but da diff is peeps call her light skinned and me non light I think I'm a caramel what do you think ...

View more questions Search