Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccblsmjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 07:41 PM
    Times to be paid for salary
    At my company, payday is posted as being paid every 2 weeks, in this case every
    2nd Monday. If it is posted as such, is it legal to not receive your paycheck 3 days later?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2012, 07:44 PM
    What do you mean as "posted" advertised in paper ? Or do you mean posted in the accounting books? Are checks done by a third party outside firm ?

Are checks always paid on the same time frame ?
    ccblsmjr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 05:09 AM
    Posted as by law, they are posted on posters from the state of Ca. but they include, for example,
    1. where you go to the doctor if hurt on the job
    2. when time cards are to be turned in and pay date, in this case every 14 days on a Saturday and paid on the following Monday.
    3. where you can receive information concerning your rights as an employee.
    No they are not done by a third party, and yes they are paid normally on that Monday. I was informed, and I'am on salary, that the checks won't be ready until
    The following Thursday.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2012, 05:16 AM
    If there is a posting in the employee handbook or on notices in an employee area that paydays is x, then a company is in violation if they do not meet the date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How is a salary person to be paid? [ 2 Answers ]

Is a salary person only to be paid 4 weeks even if it's a 5 week month?:confused:

Paid for Salary people [ 2 Answers ]

In New Jersey. Im on Salary and a supervisior. The company that I work for has been closed for several Friday's for a few weeks due to lack of work. They are telling employees that they have to use a vacation or sick day or unpaid day. They also are telling the supervisors that they have to choose...

They say I am not salary, but why don't I get paid hourly? [ 18 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/payroll/hourly-employee-working-2-080-hours-year-but-getting-paid-just-1-920-a-79955.html My question, is similar to the link above, but I am still not understanding this! I work a total of 37.5 hours a week... No overtime! The same hours each week! Overtime...

Un-paid salary [ 2 Answers ]

I worked as a sales rep for a physical therapy center (for a short period, two weeks and 2 days) before I quite. I did not trust the owner/president of This small company and the work environ became totally negetive, and besides, I did not want to become too much in hock to him lest I get burned....

View more questions Search