Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DCMary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 04:45 PM
    How do I run the drain pipes for new house construction
    I'm building a new bathroom. I have one drain pipe 6" going down into the ground from the bathroom floor. It sticks up about 8" above the floor right now. I want to run the water drains, shower drains, and toilet all into this one big pipe. Can I do this, and how do I run the pipes with air breather pipes so it doesn't stink and all runs smooth.The tiolet will be built up on a pedelstal, as will the bathtub.
    JWASKE Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jul 14, 2012, 03:24 AM
    By "air breather pipes" I'm assuming you mean the ventilation stacks? Are you trying to run all this into the one pipe because you want to avoid having to drill more holes in the floor? It sounds to me like your question has a lot to do with your local code. I would definitely contact your county or a proffessional depending on how much experience you have with piping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer run drain pipes [ 5 Answers ]

The clean out on our sewer system runs through a concrete footing and needs to be replaced. The concrete has to be chiselled out. What is the process of removing the old cast iron cleanout and replacing with PVC pipe? We have tried tarring the old pipe however this was a waste of time.

Septic tank is at the back of house,two commodes and dishwasher all run in same pipes [ 3 Answers ]

Bedroom commode at back of house is stopped up also commode at front of house. Our kitchen in the middle dishwasher is still draining.. what could be the problem?

New construction- wire run to ceiling light first. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello- I added a 1500 sq ft addition to my second story. I was told the best way to bring the electrical run, is to bring it in through the ceiling fan/light, then to the switch. Each room will have a ceiling light of some sort, and each room will have one receptacle that is switched. All other...

How to run the drain pipes? Is 90 degree OK? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in the process of replacing some galvanized pipe with PVC, but I'm unsure of the best way to run the drain. A shower drain of 1 1/2" galvanized pipe runs with a couple of smaller 1/8 bends and then makes a 90 degree bend before a vertical sink drain of 1 1/4" pipe is connected to this line ,...

Noise in house pipes when sprinklers run [ 3 Answers ]

House is on city water in San Jose, CA. All plumbing inside (1/2") and outside (3/4") is new copper pipe except sprinkler pipes (3/4" PVC). Each sprinkler station has anti-siphon valves. There is a continuous loud noise like water is rushing or gurgling in all pipes inside house for the...

View more questions Search