Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blacklands_Bud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 02:53 PM
    how to weatherproof rolling barn doors
    I am building an 8ft x 12ft Saltbox Shed. It needs to be air tight so I am assured no critters(including pill bugs, ants, snakes, skunks, mice, rats, etc) or heat or cold would invade the interior. If I want to use two rolling doors (rather than hinged doors) with dimensions of 30 inch wide and 6ft, 8 inch tall how do I seal the doors to keep it air tight. In other words; what kind of weatherstripping product is available to make the fit and finish of the doors air-tight?

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get the sliding doors on my pole barn from freezing at the bottom [ 0 Answers ]

We just built a pole barn with sliding doors and the melting snow and freezing rain fills up the bottom where the doors slide and has frozen them . How do we get them thawed out and prevent this from happening again?

Double Track for hanging sliding barn doors [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 18' wide X 10' tall opening that I'm looking to put sliding doors on. My structure is a horse barn style building, so if I use two 9' sliders they will really stand above the outer sections of the barn. What I want to do is use 4 smaller sliding doors on a double track. Do you know...

Sliding Barn Doors [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to build a double door for a barn that slides on channel. The will each be 6' wide and 12' tall. Any thing I need to know?

Creating a weatherproof windowsill [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to re-frame an exterior bathroom wall which will involve removing an old window and framing in a new 16"h x 4'w glass block window. What I need to know prior to finalizing the rough-in dimensions is what are my modern options for creating a weatherproof wndowsill for this new window. The...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.