Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elishaver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Right cooling system for home?
    I have a 1700 sq ft home. It is heated with radiators (water not steam). The current boiler is older (home is about 70 years old), but is in pretty good condition. I would like to add air conditioning for the whole house. What is the best and mose economical system for my home?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Window A/C is cheapest. Basement install will require duct to be run and cost more. Attic install Spacepack will cost the most but they do work nice. Just make sure you get the best installer. The equiptment name is not as important as the company putting it in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Stereo System [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of building a new home. I have done all the plumbing, heating and working on the electrical. After I complete the electrical I am considering installing a whole house stereo systems (ceiling and wall mounted speakers). I'm having a difficault time trying to located...

Heating & cooling system [ 3 Answers ]

I have a two zone heating/cooling system, with one generator unit. With this type of system, there are two trunk lines leading off the furnace. The dampers alternate when each thermostat indicates which one should turn on. One of the trunk lines has started making a loud whistle, indicating...

Home a/c not cooling, but electricity usage tripled in 1 month [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, 3 weeks ago our heatpump a/c quit cooling. At that time the outside unit did not go off when turned off at t-stat. Installed new t-stat. Blowing air but still not cooling. But outside unit turns off when turned off at t-stat, Checked electricity everywhere, installed new capacitor because...

Map of Home Electrical System [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again. I just bought a new (to me) home and want to get a handle on the electrical system. The home has 100amp service with a breaker box (95% of slots filled). What is the best way to determine what outlets and switches in the house are connected to which breakers, and how much room I have to...

View more questions Search