Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mollymoppet Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2009, 03:01 PM
    I completely understand what you're feeling, my daughter regularly hits me. There is so much I want to say, so much advice I feel I should give. But the reality is my advice is no good, I can't stop my daughter what can I say that would stop your son?

Having your child arrested is awful, the guilt, the shame you feel is unbelievable, but the sheer relief of having her out of the house for a few hours in un-measurable.

I guess the only thing that might be of any use to you is don't let it become normal. Do something now. I wish to god I had.
    reddbird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 03:05 PM
    I'm going through the same thing but with two children and YES I called the police on them!! If I hit them I would be arrested!! With no questions. Just because you called doesn't mean he will do time it may be the only way for someone to see you need help. And guide you where to go for that help.
    TaylorT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 06:58 PM

Well I understand what you guys are going through , I have a daughter who is 17 and will be 18 in 8 weeks she has, the worst attuide. She cursed at me and then I slapped her, after that we got into a fist fight . Do we as parents really have to fight our kids .after that she tock of in here car . I called the police and did a report for her arrest on demestic violence .
    TaylorT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2010, 07:02 PM

I feel if we allow these kids to walk over us they will , with corpral punishment out what do we as parents have left . Its time to get our kids back by standing firm, before they pass it on to the younger ones...
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2010, 07:38 PM

Don't let him get away with it! Next time it could be worse.
    monkeydamyo Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2010, 09:47 PM

If he gets angry easily, and comes close to or does hit you, you know there is something wrong. Before that can happen, make him understand that if an anger management problem is the case, tell him that it is important to get the right support, and once he is on your side thinking that he could do some serious harm, make him agree to go to a councilor the next time he gets violent.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 10:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydamyo View Post
    if he gets angry easily, and comes close to or does hit you, you know there is something wrong. before that can happen, make him understand that if an anger management problem is the case, tell him that it is important to get the right support, and once he is on your side thinking that he could do some serious harm, make him agree to go to a councilor the next time he gets violent.
    It's hard being a mother sometimes, but if one of my children ever had slapped me, I think I would have lost it. I hope you know the people on here are just trying to help. With your permission I will put you on a prayer chain. I don't know your name but the good Lord does. I might also add you have worked hard to raise him. You deserve to be treated like a mother. What will you do the next time he hits you ? We are concerned for the both of you. Please take the advice you have been given. Blessings
    taina981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2010, 10:50 PM
    I know exactly what you are going through. I don't believe the right answere is to call the police. I think things would only get worse for your relationship. It is very easy for all those parents who have not been through this to give bad advice. I think you need to get some help for yourself first. You need someone totally impartial to help you with your feelings of sadness, guilt, desperation and endless others. When you are given tools to deal with this situation properly I truly believe your son will go with you to counseling. Jail is not going to fix the root of the problem. But you need time.
    sundew68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 07:42 AM
    I would like to hear from the mom who started this topic. It's been 3 years, what happened? Any advice?

I'm going through the same thing, my daughter is 16 and verbally and physically abusive, she refuses to eat or drink until I give in. I finally last night had to call the police for both our safety. The police took her handcuffed out of my house, they told me immediately they couldn't keep her and if I would know someone she could stay with. Boy, I could've done that myself. I felt like the worst parent in the world, where did I go wrong? I didn't!!

I've been a single mom for 9 years now and her father is only once in a while in the picture, just enough to stir up trouble, make promises and disappear again. Her brother and father both are bipolar. I saw the bipolar in my son at an early age and got him the help he needed, by doing so, I totally neglected to see my daughters needs. Her attitude is screaming help, she will be psychiatrically evaluated today. By calling the police, the counselors have to act on it too.
    And don't get me wrong, she is an extremely smart and an awesome child. A child every parent would want to have, until her outbreaks.

To all parents who have this problem: Don't give up, I stumbled on lots and lots of dumb advises, no help until you do the extreme thing. Just because you call the police doesn't make you a bad parent and it doesn't have to go on your child's record, but it sure sends a message to your child.

Good luck and god bless
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2010, 11:08 AM

Honestly my first thought is 'HIT THE LITTLE JERK BACK"
    But yeah that solves NOTHING does it :P

Call the cops. Every time it happens. File assult charges against him and if he keeps it up he will get jail time.
    sueraq Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 08:47 PM
    My daughter hit me twice. Once with a water bottle (full one) and I called the police. They talked to her and left. Again recently she punched me in the nose... my husband didn't want me to call the cops, but did anyway. They came and listened to my story (she denied everything) and then told her she would 18 soon and that she could do whatever she wanted then... I couldn't believe they said that... I then told her and the cops that as long as she lived in this house she could NOT do whatever she wanted no matter what age. My husband said nothing and thinks that I get overly excited for nothing... I'm in therapy for myself, she won't go says it doesn't help because I won't do what she wants and its only to be able to get along with me since her life is great! I end up paying for missed visits. I would have liked the cops to take her away - instead I left that night but came back... won't be for too much longer. Either she goes or I go... my husband doesn't say anything.
    sundew68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2011, 07:56 AM
    Here is what finally worked for me:
    I went to our family doctor and asked if there is a psychiatric evalution place I could take my daughter. Yes, There was, I took her and instead of doing an assessment, they changed it to an intake. (It's a behavioral center) After 10 days of her having to stay in that clinic, having 24 hour counseling and psychiatric treatment (incl. medicine) she was diagnosed with being homocidal and suicidal with major depression. She continues to see a psychiatrist and has counseling, she also changed her behavior towards me. She says she realized how much better off she is at home!
    Reckoner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 04:36 PM
    I'm a 16 year old girl. I used to hit my mother until I went to see psychologist and sorted our problems out.
    Its been over a year and now its all started again. I feel awful, I want her to throw me out for her sake but she won't. I want her to beat me but she won't. Anything bad I get from her I deserve now. Also my father died a couple of years ago. I try to stop myself by punching something 'till my knuckles bleed... doesn't work. Communication is key. My mother doesn't ever want to listen to what I have to say. So communicate with your child. He needs help as I do. You think he does what he wants when he wants how he wants... what he is feeling is pure despair, if he's anything like me... Like I said before communicate... it works wonders.
    momofboys3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
    I understand where you are coming from. I have a 15yr old who stands 6' 1" tall and looks me in the eyes and tells me I can't say anything to make him do what I want. He feels he can shove me and has done it several times,thrown things at me and pushed me into a wooden cabinet.
    I understand what everyone is saying about calling 911. I even had the phone in my hand after my head was cut but it's my son.
    My other two boys 10 and 13 have followed in their big brothers footsteps and disrespected me by calling me names and even hitting me.
    I was relieved to see that others have this problem too..
    emonee3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
    I have a son who is 17yrs old and he is a football player and he has pushed me 2x the last one was today. I kicked him out. I love him yet I am tired and I need a break. I can not teach him anything as he needs to see how the streets teach him. I took his house keys and car. I gave him the car yet he does not appreciate anything. The police said he can go to juvie yet he will be out within 24hrs so that defeats my purpose I think. His father says he will only talk w/ him as he is not around. This time I just had to kick him out as I have 3 other children who are witness to this. He knows I have seizures and I can not be stressed. I am also looking for a job... I am tired.. very very tired. I don't understand his behavior, I have given him all I could being a single mom and not working. His father said he would get him after saying he would not. I took the cell phone away and I have tried different punishments. Yet, they seem not to work. I know he is sorry after he does something to me, yet that is no longer enough he needs to get him as do I. I think by putting him out in the streets and there is nothing more I can do... I just don't know.. finding a job is most important to me as I need to take care of my kids. He even took my Dr License and credit cards, I had to cancel them and I should not have to cancel them. His dad finally said he can go down there with him... this was something I did not want as I feel that I have not raised my children to the fullest I can raise them.. I had such dreams for him as he is a football player and getting letters, I am so mad as he is ing up.. (sorry to be so raw)... I am just a tired mom...
    Steph4353 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Aug 12, 2012, 08:54 PM
    You need to call the police. My brother hit my mom once, and she didn't do anything because he was 'so sorry'. Things were good after that but as soon as he didn't get what he wanted, it happened again. It happened until I talked my mom into reporting it. I was never there when it happened, but my siblings told me.

You have to step up and be a mom, and do what's right for him.
    emonee3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 07:31 AM
    Thank you for your answers as my son now lives with his biological father. He doesn't speak to me yet I am okay with that. I am less stressed and feel like I can breathe. He is learning a lot and I am praying for him. His father is a as well so the two of them will learn lots about each other

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

?Hitting lefty and hitting against lefties. [ 4 Answers ]

I have trouble htting against lefties. I am a left handed batter and I am fine against righties, but against lefties I struggle. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.?

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of diets and exercises and she do? She is now a cheerleander and is scared about fitting into a unaform. What do you think could help.

Help! Sub won't stop hitting... [ 3 Answers ]

I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. But now it's acting weird. I tried tracing the wiring, but alas, nothing sticking out like a sore thumb. Is this a ground problem? An audio problem? Help please. Thanks.

Help! Sub won't stop hitting... [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to install my sub and it won't stop vibrating. I had it hooked up while testing it, and everything was fine. Now if I turn on the headunit, the sub just rapid fires as hard as it can (it's shaking my whole house, and my mom's trying to sleep... ) I tried tracing the wiring, but alas,...

View more questions Search