Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CJNeibaur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Father holding daughter in defiance of court
    My daughters husband, an illegal in Colorado, was supposed to have visitation with the children, took all four to Mexico, to his Mother. My daughter took him to court, he acts like he doesn't know any English, gets an interpretor, costing the taxpayers tons of money, then says he will bring them back.. He doesn't. My daughter goes to Mexico, brings three back, but can't get the youngest, who is sleeping with her grandmother. She has the three. The illegal husband has been told at court three times, to bring her back, he says OK. Never does. He is making a mockery of the court system, and doesn't do what the court tells him. And he is illegal! The other day he told my daughter the girl will come home, when she is fifteen. And laughs at my daughter. Is there anyone who can help us? Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2012, 04:00 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. This can lead to confusion. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You need to get the state Department involved in getting Mexican authorities to retrieve the child.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
    As I read this, the father is still in Colorado, or at least in the U.S. If he won't do what the court orders him to do, the court can have him thrown in jail until he makes it happen. It's called contempt of court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my baby father get my daughter if he is court order to see her and don't [ 2 Answers ]

Can't my baby father get my daughter if its court order for him to see her and he don't

1990 Mazda 121 act of defiance [ 23 Answers ]

My little Mazda 121 that has been reliable until a couple of weeks ago conked out just as I'm about to purchase a new car. While the engine starts, it doesn't kick over so isn't going anywhere. Any ideas what it could be? Rego runs out on 9 March and all I want to do is drive it 10 minutes away...

View more questions Search