Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amySlater Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2004, 08:25 PM
    Please Protect Your Children... It Is Not A Thingy..
    :( I am really new to this site but I just read something that made me nuts. A parent referred to his or her son's penis as a thingy and was quite relieved to find out that "doing wierd things" aka masturbating did not guarantee that the five year old would grow up to be a pervert. My God there is old fashioned and then there is dangerously backward. If a parent can't even stand to call a penis a penis or a vagina a vagina without giving them little cutesy names how can they possibly teach their children about their bodies. It is my feeling that it is this type of parenting that leads to children who learn about their bodies from someone else, someone like a drunken distant relative or an extremely horny and uncaring boy or girlfriend. Sex education is more important than ever these days and that includes honest discussions without the sugar coating. These kids today need to know how to set boundaries and say no. They need to know that it is wrong for someone to touch them in ways that make them uncomfortable, How can we ever protect our children if we can't even bring ourselves to educate them.
    Amy
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2004, 09:05 PM
    Good point. Worse yet, I have seen ''thingy'' in answers by people passing themselves off as experts here and other similar sites. I hope everybody realizes that anybody can give any answer they please on most of these sites, no matter how clueless they are about the subject. All the more knowledgeable people can do is post well written answers and hope people recognize good info when they see it. Unfortunately I have seen too many good people quit rather than share the board with idiots.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Lying to protect someone [ 7 Answers ]

I know we are not supposed to lie but!! I have an older Aunt with a son in the hospital with Prostate Cancer and in order to prevent her worring she was told he had a mole on his back removed. Is this lie a sin?

Can I protect my daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I just wanted to say thank you for your help. The advice has been useful.:)

Protect against hackers [ 11 Answers ]

Is there a program to protect against hackers so u can't get hacked or is your firewall what protects against that type of stuff?

Password protect [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a feature in windows me that allows me to password protect only one folder such as "my documents" or is there a freeware or shareware program available??

View more questions Search