Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ty_Johnson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 05:13 AM
    Mary and Kay, Inc.
    Mary and Kay, Inc. a distributor of cosmetics throughout Florida, is in the process of assembling a cash budget for the first quarter of 20x1. The following information has been extracted from the company's accounting records:

All sales are on account. Sixty percent of customer accounts are collected in the month of sale; 35 percent are collected in the following month. Uncollectibles amounting to 5 percent of sales are anticipated and management believes that only 20 percent of the accounts outstanding on Dec, 31, 20x0 will be recovered and that the recovery will be in January 20x1.

Seventy percent of the merchandise purchase are paid for in the month of purchase; the remaining 30 percent are paid for in the month after acquisition.

The December 31, 20x0 balance sheet disclosed the following selected figures: cash, 20,000;accounts receivable, $55,000 and accounts payable, $22,000

Mary and Kay, Inc. maintains a $20,000 minimum cash balance at all times. Financing is available (and retired) in $1,000 multiples at an 8 percent interest rate, with borrowings taking place at the beginning of the month and repayments occurring at the end of the month. Interest is paid at the time of repaying principal and computed on the portion of principal repaid at that time.

Additional data:

Sales revenue $150,000 in Jan, $180,000 in Feb and $185,000 in Mar

Merchandise purchases 90,000 in Jan, 100,000 in Feb and 140,000 in Mar

Cash operating costs 31,000 in Jan, 24,000 in Feb, 45,000 in Mar

Proceeds from sale of equipment 0 in Jan, 0 in Feb and 5,000 in Mar

Required:

1. Prepare a schedule that discloses the firm's total cash collection for Jan-Mar

2. Prepare a schedule that discloses the firm's total cash disbursements for Jan-Mar

3. Prepare a schedule that discloses the firm's cash needs, if any for Jan -Mar
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2012, 04:53 PM
    1. Prepare a schedule that discloses the firm's total cash collection for Jan-Mar

2. Prepare a schedule that discloses the firm's total cash disbursements for Jan-Mar

3. Prepare a schedule that discloses the firm's cash needs, if any for Jan -Mar

Go to it or be specific about your question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is becoming a Mary Kay consultant with F1 Visa illegal? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently an international student with F1 Visa, and I've been thinking about becoming a beauty consultant for Mary Kay. Would it be illegal? I have a Social Security Number because I worked on campus for a little while, and I'm going to pay taxes if I do work for Mary Kay. Oh, also this is not...

Mary Kay Consultant [ 6 Answers ]

I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay and I have invested about $1900 in the inventory. Was that a smart choice? Any suggestions would be great. And what is the best way to conduct this business??

Kay so how much fun would you have with this? [ 9 Answers ]

My fun lasted a whole 5 minutes. So we'll see. :) http://svt.se/hogafflahage/hogafflaHage_site/Kor/hestekor.swf Click on each of them and they sing different things

Mary kay or clinique? [ 5 Answers ]

What do you prefer for your face care (facewash, toner, moisturizer) Mary kay or clinique? Thanks

View more questions Search