Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpjohnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 04:39 AM
    Contract voting
    I belong to seiu local 1201 in philadelphia pa.we are to vote July 20 2012 0n contract must we vote together in a hall holler yes or no or write in vote.some members can not make it their voice will not be heard I think this is not fair
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2012, 04:43 AM
    So bring it up to your shop steward. How contract votes are done should be spelled out in the by-laws of your union. Get a copy and read them. It may be that you can call for a ballot vote.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 05:30 AM
    How the vote is done is up to your union rules. If you do not like they represent you, why do you belong, or have you ran for union office to try and change things ?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
    It's been some 35 years since I took labor law in law school, and I never had occasion to put what I learned into practice, but I do know that there is a body of federal statutory and case law governing labor unions which you might want to look into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NY voting fiasco [ 12 Answers ]

My grand dad used lever voting machines... so did my dad. So did every New Yorker until yesterday .The lever machines work .They've always worked . No one complained .It was simple . See your candidate's name ;pull the lever ,vote registered . It served the State well for years. Yesterday New...

Early Voting is Here [ 19 Answers ]

Early voting started today in my state. I voted at 9:00 sharp. Has anyone else cast their ballot yet?

Voting rights [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if a person has been out of prison for 16 yrs now.Off parole has no fees or fines due. Can they vote in the election. Really would like to know.

Voting [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: I'm an exconvict. That notwithstanding, I wish to be a productive and participating member of society. Toward that end, I vote. Now, I really don't know if I'm legally allowed to vote, and I don't want to commit more crimes. However, I've tried to research it, but I've come up with...

Voting [ 11 Answers ]

What do you think is the best way to get people to go and vote? I'm not talking about any particular candidate or any particular age group, gender or background. I'm just talking about generally getting people to vote. What do you think is the best way to go about it?

View more questions Search