Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pookers1997 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 11:00 PM
    My boyfriend's parents think we are having sex. I need help!
    Me and my boyfriend have been dating a very happy five months. I adore this boy so much. Before me, he was a major player, but never had sex. And I was the quiet girl, and a virgin. I have liked him for about 8 years now and we finally ended up in a relationship. His parents love me and my parents love him, but one problem. His parents think we are having sex. I am 15 and he is 16. NOT HAPPENING. I am NOT raising no baby and ruining my teen years. How can I convince them we aren't doing anything. Help me!
    jinxxxy Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
    Hay.. I'd say the only thing you can do to prove it is by proving it.. Not by doing anything specific, but just by living the truth and not doing it.. Coz if you gana say anything about it, they might just think you trying to cover up.. Just be yourself and do what you have to do.. Sooner or later they will realize that you are really a little angel and you are not trying to hide anything from them..
    Mobley119 Posts: 142, Reputation: 6

Jul 12, 2012, 12:30 AM
    Firstly, congratulations on being so smart. Seriously, keep it up ;). Secondly, how do you know they think that? Is it something they said? The only thing I can think is to have your boyfriend sit down and talk with his parents candidly about your relationship. And maybe when you're over at their house keep the door open, things like that.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2012, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxxxy View Post
    Hay....! I'd say the only thing you can do to prove it is by proving it.. Not by doing anything specific, but just by living the truth and not doing it..! Coz if you gana say anything about it, they might just think you trying to cover up..! Just be yourself and do what you have to do..! Sooner or later they will realize that you are really a lil angel and you are not trying to hide anything from them..!

I agree - the more you defend yourself the worse you will look. Keep on doing whatever you are doing. You really can't convince anyone of anything, explaining will look like covering up, I can't think of any way to bring up a "we're not having sex conversation" with his parents and so... keep living the way you have and don't give them any grounds for suspicion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 06:45 AM
    You don't, you smile and are polite, if they say are you using birth control, or condoms or anything, just say "if we were having sex, I would for sure) don't agrue just be polite,

They are judging you, unfairly, but by common morals or by perhaps their actions when younger
    jinxxxy Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2012, 06:51 AM
    Yeah maybe that's what they did when they were younger and now they are scared you do the same.. It happens a lot! Parents treat you unfairly because they scared you make the mistakes they all ready made..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxxxy View Post
    Yeah maybe that's what they did when they were younger and now they are scared you do the same.. It happens a lot! Parents treat you unfairly because they scared you make the mistakes they all ready made..!

I don't know that this is true but it very well may be that the parents, both his and hers, don't feel like raising a child right now - which is what they'll end up doing when a "girlfriend" gets pregnant. Sometimes it's plain old fear - or never talking to your child until they are in their teens and then suddenly sex becomes a big topic and worry.
    louise1928 Posts: 69, Reputation: 9

Jul 12, 2012, 12:46 PM
    I agree with the comments about just being yourself don't give them any reason to think your having sex, don't bring it up unless they do. Well done for being sensible and deciding to wait :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why don't my boyfriend's parents trust us anymore? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! My name is Cat and I'm 16. I've been dating this guy for over a year now and its been the best. Yeah I know what you're thinking, you're just a kid and you don't know what love is. Although that may be true but I know when something is grand. I have recently just have given my boyfriend a...

My boyfriend's parents are controlling him even when he is in university! [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my partner have been together a year. He has been in university for nearly 2 months. I live around 2 hours away on the train. It was decided between me and him that we must keep on top of our work, if not we aren't allowed to see one another till we have. We plan weekends together to...

What do I do if my boyfriend's parents don't seem to like me? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is Cindy. I'm 18. I've been dating my boyfriendfor 6months now and everything has been going well. At first I thought that his parents would come around after awhile, and the way things are going we're not going to split up anytime soon. My point is that my parent love my boyfriend and...

I hate my boyfriend's sex [ 4 Answers ]

I really love my boyfriend and we have been together for 2 years. I broke my virginity with him when I was 18, and after a while. Things weren't good between us so we decided to get a break and so I kind of start to date another guy for a year and became sexually Intimate with him and really like...

My boyfriend's parents don't trust us. [ 2 Answers ]

Well Lets see , I'm katrina and I'm 15. Iv'e been dating this guy for 1 year and 3 months. It has gone by so fast and we have a very good relationship. I can't get his parents to trust me though.. Iv'e tried everything. He's such a sweet guy and I love him more than anything. But his parents are...

View more questions Search