Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmepeeps Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 10:19 PM
    My boyfriend never makes a move
    We have been dating for about 18 months we are not having sex anymore and its making me feel unwanted and like he's not attracted to me anymore and making me feel like crap he works a lot and always falls asleep I know he's not cheating on me its impossible we are with each other every night he knows that it bothers me and I know by it bothering me it upsets him and makes him feel bad I don't want to have to make the first move all the time I'm seriously starting to get to the point where I'm getting uninterested and I don't want that what should I do
    get8p Posts: 59, Reputation: 4

Jul 11, 2012, 11:34 PM
    So you're not making any moves and he does not. And you both are not having sex and upset about it. What makes you think he's not feeling the same, being, er... unwanted?
    Either way, get a li'l vacation, buy a couple tickets to somewhere out of town for a weekend, or at the days he's not going to be working, cellphones off, screw everybody, just you two. Planned well, this can be a great solution to a problem.

Jul 12, 2012, 03:10 AM
    He really can't take a vacation he's in his apprenticeship we have went and stayed at hotel two different times on the weekends not too long ago and nothing happened. I even kind of pointed it out. Don't get me wrong we still have sex but its like once every two weeks and I'm making the moves each time. We get along great.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 05:44 AM
    Stress and exhaustion absolutely kill libido.

If he's working a lot, stressed, and tired, OF COURSE he isn't going to have the energy or the drive to start something!

If this has only been happening along with his work schedule, and there's a definite endpoint to when he schedule will let up, then you need to LET IT GO. It has NOTHING to do with you. Keep making the moves as long as he responds to them, and wait until he's not so tired and stressed for him to make them back.

Jul 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
    True but he's talking about working out more so I thunk if he does that he needs to put a little more effort in the bedroom too I want to feel like he wants me without me always making the effort it just bothers me sometimes
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 12:33 PM
    WHY is he working so much? Did his job get more demanding? Is he in an environment where he could LOSE his job if he doesn't work so much? Is it a specific project? Are you in debt up to your ears and he's trying to pay it off? What?

And how much do YOU work, comparatively?

No matter how romantic love is, and how good it feels to be wanted---being hungry and homeless and jobless SUCKS. You're REALLY not going to get sex then.

Look--I understand where you're coming from, but you need to take a longer view on it.

Does he show affection OTHER ways? Does he help around the house, cuddle you on the couch, kiss you in the kitchen, touch you just to touch you? If so, you are placing FAR too much emphasis on the sex. You need to have enough self esteem to feel good about yourself even when there's no sex on the table. If you rate how he feels about you based on how much sex you have---what would you do if he were in an accident and could never have sex again?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes you move? [ 120 Answers ]

So what song makes you get up and move? It can either be an all time favorite or something new... What makes you get out of your seat and play the air guitar, or attempt to break dance or look like you are having a fit? Post a song name or a YouTube clip Mine would be: "Low" by Flo...

My boyfriend makes no effort. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some help. Me and my boyfriend have recently got back together after him breaking up with me for 6 months. We were together for 3 years and have an 18 month old son. He broke up with me because he wanted 'freedom' and I was too controlling. And it pissed him off when I asked him...

Who Makes the Next Move? [ 9 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for almost 3 years when we decided to call it quits. That was 4 months ago and it was a very stressfull point in both of our lives (I was finishing college and she was entering her senior year). Since then I've been trying to fix things, and recently I've been working on...

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

My boyfriend never makes me orgasm [ 8 Answers ]

I have been having sex with my boyfriend for a year or so now and he has never made me orgasm is that bad?

View more questions Search