Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Then why don't you tell kids you don't know? At least thats the truth. Maybe they will follow their own journey to facts and evidence, without our prejudices.
    Tal you can't tell them you don't know, they become confused, so what you should tell them is that some people think this and some people think that. However just as in the climate change debate some people think because they have an opinion that is the truth we have the same problem with darwinism and religion. What I have observed is that people don't know what they don't know, just a students doing a course have no idea of the breadth of knowledge the discipline encompasses, so the kids have no idea of what is possible unless we tell them at least what already exists
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Tell kids the truth, and let them question. They won't be the only ones confused, since you are too! Maybe you both can learn something.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2012, 07:40 PM
    So Tal you think I am confused. What is it you think I am confused about? Sometimes things seen at a distance are clearer than those things that are right in your face
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:49 PM
    I should have quoted Speech,to avoid confusion, as I was referencing his reply to my opinion that you should tell the kids the truth, and if you don't know the answer to their question say so.

Or at least be honest when giving what you BELIEVE, as opposed to what you know. That's usually done by stating I don't know for sure, but I believe... etc,etc.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2012, 09:24 PM

Or at least be honest when giving what you BELIEVE, as opposed to what you know. Thats usually done by stating I don't know for sure, but I believe..................etc,etc.
    Yep
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 06:33 AM
    I should have quoted Speech,to avoid confusion, as I was referencing his reply to my opinion that you should tell the kids the truth, and if you don't know the answer to their question say so.
    Referencing me on that that would be pretty good trick since I haven't responded to that post yet.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 06:56 AM
    As I said, next time I will use quotes. But this was what I was responding to,

Progressive indoctrination as opposed to critical thinking makes children stupider and stupider as your stats from this OP demonstrate perfectly.
    With this,

Then why don't you tell kids you don't know? At least that's the truth. Maybe they will follow their own journey to facts and evidence, without our prejudices.
    Just saying your indoctrination is no different than mine, and we like our own ways to indoctrinate our kids our own way. Its just I admit I don't know where man came from, or how life started, and there are many opinions to that end, but no evidence, just speculations.

The possibility we all are wrong is very possible. It didn't make MY kids any stupider for it. I do have evidence of THAT!
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 09:14 AM
    As I was saying Tal, you referenced me replying to something I never replied to.
    Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
    Have a cup of coffee and realize I was the one replying to YOU!!
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Now you're getting even more confused. No matter, just look at the FB standings and everything will be clear.
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 09:54 PM
    There is nothing like a circular argument in this case i didn't say that, i know you didn't say that, i did
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2012, 06:56 AM
    The only one going in circles is Tal.
    klarsenartwork Posts: 42, Reputation: 5

Jul 22, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

America is 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, 3rd in median household income, and number 4 in exports.

We are exceptional at only 3 things: the rate of incarceration per capita, the amount of people who believe in angels, and defense spending, where we outspend the next 26 biggest countries combined.

We used to lead the world in those things.. The only way we can do it again is to STOP pretending we still do.

excon

PS> (edited) Ok, I made up the one about the angels...

GREED not GOD!

Real Estate was the only enterprise keeping our country fueled, and now that it is gone, Americans are still trying to make a living off other Americans.

Everyone I know is broke or going broke. School loans are being defaulted on at an unbelievable 83%. Students are forced to pay off federal loans...

So don't go to college without a fully paid scholarship. These young students graduate then end up working for minimum wage, can't buy a car, don't have any independence and end up back at their parents, if they can go back home.

When the roots of a tree die, eventually all the leaves will die too.

That is when America will rebuild.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by klarsenartwork View Post
    When the roots of a tree die, eventually all the leaves will die too.
    Hello k:

**greenie**

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Prosperity to bankruptcy all it took was a few greedy men in an unregulated environment. How can this be a good system
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 02:51 PM
    In any system, there will be those that can exploit it. Greedy Lazy B@stards!
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2012, 02:59 PM
    Doesn't make it right Tal, doesn't mean they should be given opportunity. The number of greedy B@stards is multiplying as the number of millionaires, etc, grows, you just have to look at CEO renumeration for confirmation. What is not good is that this is seen as the norm
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2012, 03:48 PM
    in an unregulated environment.
    ??
    You have got to be kiddin!!

The housing bubble klarsenartwork referred to was totally a product of government design .
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Government design in fostering a market, but the government didn't design the securatisation of the mortgage debt, virtual junk bond status, and market it internationally as a AAA investment, that was done by greedy individuals with no regard to the consequences and it was possible because loose regulation allowed it to happen
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
    but the government didn't design the securatisation of the mortgage debt, virtual junk bond status, and market
    Again wrong. The 1st entities to deal with creative finacing was the GSE Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac . Government regulators forced private lending institutions to play the game.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an American citizen easily file a divorce with a non-american citizen? [ 12 Answers ]

She entered through a K1 visa. She later decide to go back to her home country. Because of this, she couldn't get back to the US as she also had some troubles with visa. Can her husband file and process a divorce without his wife consent?

I am married from an american ,when do I get my green card and american passport [ 1 Answers ]

I am from kingdom of bahrain, married from an american citizen since November 2009. I need to know about my right in getting the american passport or green card. My husband live with me in my country.

Can I gain american citizenship if one parent has British and American Passports? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I gain American citizenship if one parent has British and American Passports? I am a British Citizen and in my early twenties, am I able to still gain dual citizenship? My mother was born in America although she lives in the Uk. I also have an English cousin who married an American in the last...

The NY Slimes & American Exceptionalism [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: From an obituary today in the NY Slimes: "Col. Harold E. Fischer Jr., an American fighter pilot who was routinely tortured in a Chinese prison during and after the Korean War, becoming — along with three other American airmen held at the same prison — a symbol and victim of cold war...

View more questions Search