Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdarren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Heil furnace
    I have bought a house with a furnace and I cannot get the pilot to light. I am asking for some type of manual so I can figure this out.

The model is VG-80MD-1 and the serial is H73838067.

The house was built in 1977 and I am sure this is the original

Thanks for any info
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Can you get a flame to burn on the pilot and then it goes out, or do you not know how to light the pilot?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Hold the button on hold(slides from left to right) at the same time with a match light the pilot keep holding the valve in the hold position for about 30 sec and then let off what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HEIL furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our heil furnace won't stay lit. It goes out after we release the pilot button. Any suggestion?

Blower won't come on Heil furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a heil furnace in a home I just purchased. The first day it worked fine. Second day, it fires up, I can hear a motor running, but the blower doesn't come on. Relay switch? Thank You!

HEIL furnace will not stay lite [ 3 Answers ]

I have a older heil furnace (Model#867.769445) about 20 years old. When the pilot turns on after a few seconds the burners light, then after a second or two they shut off, on again, and off. They will do this continually until finally they stay on or the furnace stops trying to heat. I have also...

Heil gas furnace won't blow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil heat/air gas pack(forced air) unit. It's about 20 years old, but it's been a great one. When I flip the t-stat to HEAT and AUTO I hear the unit outside firing up and I can see heat rising out of the vent, but the blower won't come on to push heat inside my house. When I turn the...

Heil 92% H9MPDO75F12B Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Heil Gas Furnace installed and from the first day I notice that when the blower came on the air was on the cool side. After about 1 to 2 minutes the air became a little bit warmer but never got hot. My question is this normal or do I have a problem? Please let me know as soon as possible so...

View more questions Search