Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mobley119 Posts: 142, Reputation: 6

Jul 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Extra Skin
    I was wondering if anyone knew any exercises that were especially good at reducing extra skin? I recently had a baby in June of last year, and I still have a significant amount of extra skin around my midsection. I've been doing sit ups and power walking up until recently because of the extreme heat and the back spasms I started having. Though it didn't particularly help at all.

Also I have fibromyalgia so I can't do any extreme workouts. I particularly enjoy dancing aerobics, would something like Zumba be effective at decreasing the extra skin? Is there any specific abdominal work outs that don't put strain on your back? Any responses would be appreciated.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Are you asking about body fat or extra skin? Nothing shrinks skin, of course, short of plastic surgery.

I have a bad back, have been avoiding surgery for years, have been advised to avoid any/all exercise that puts any strain on my back. What is your specific back problem - lower, middle, upper - ?

Jul 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
    I was asking about skin, I have very little fat. That's what I figured but everyone I know tells me to work out my stomach and it will tighten it up and make it go away. However all these people are either men or women who've never experienced this even remotely this bad -.-

I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with my back at this point. I have scoliosis and at a young age I popped my upper back/neck out of place (chiropractor was too scared to do certain adjustments) so I kind of have a weird hump. Lately my mid back has been hurting so bad it will make me puke so I my PM doc had me get an MRI for it. The radiology tech said my back was spasming basically the entire time so they were having a hard time getting clear shots. I haven't been back to the doctor since the MRI yet, so I'm not sure if the spasms are what's wrong or if something is causing them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2012, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley119 View Post
    I was asking about skin, I have very little fat. That's what I figured but everyone I know tells me to work out my stomach and it will tighten it up and make it go away. However all these people are either men or women who've never experienced this even remotely this bad -.-

I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with my back at this point. I have scoliosis and at a young age I popped my upper back/neck out of place (chiropractor was too scared to do certain adjustments) so I kind of have a weird hump. Lately my mid back has been hurting so bad it will make me puke so I my PM doc had me get an MRI for it. The radiology tech said my back was spasming basically the entire time so they were having a hard time getting clear shots. I haven't been back to the doctor since the MRI yet, so I'm not sure if the spasms are what's wrong or if something is causing them.

I sympathize - mine is two discs but they cause my back to spasm and I never see it coming. One minute I'm fine and the next minute I'm clutching something to keep from falling over, with a grimace on my face.

I keep seeing (and reading) about laser treatments to tighten skin - I know it's expensive but I don't know if it works.

Jul 11, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Ugh that's awful I'm so sorry. I have a girlfriend who has that from a car accident and it's like one minute she's totally fine and the next she just stops whatever she's doing and clenches up. Back pain is so hard to keep under control since your spine is always moving, so it's always getting aggravated.

Yeah it seems like everything is laser nowadays. I've been reading about these green tea wraps but stuff like that I just assume if it does work it won't for someone who has it as bad as I do. Because I was bedridden for years from my FMS and CFS my abdominal muscles got weak so when I became pregnant I got really big really fast. That and my daughter stretched out my uterus + 3-4 weeks from being so active. The only way I could get her to stop moving was to get those fetalphone things and blast Kings of Leon for her (tried Beethoven, Raffi, and other kid stuff but all she wanted was Kings of Leon).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 20 now, skin is extra dry and wrinkled, fine lines and marks are formed.. [ 0 Answers ]

Iam an Indian (south) and now living in Russia ( -40 degree cold).My skin is wrinkled and dry from birth but after coming in Russia my skin became very wrinkled ,itchy, extra dry and its shedding badly.. due to the cold here I have to bath in hot water.. I am using olive oil but ,olive oil and...

Extra tasks=extra pay? [ 0 Answers ]

A coworker was put into working in a different department for half of each shift. It's different work than his actual position. It also has a starting wage that is 3 times more than he currently makes. Both departments fall under the same senior manager. He was told he had to do this until a...

Extra Extra Dry Skin [ 8 Answers ]

I have extra extra dry skin. I am constantly shedding. What can I do about this. I have tried all kinds of lotions

Lose the extra belly skin from having a baby [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do to lose the extra belly skin from having 3 kids? My last baby I had is 8 months old and I am 24 years old but I had a c-section and when the doctor cut me open he told me I had like no belly fat. That made me really happy but now I just have that extra belly skin. I am tinny but I...

View more questions Search