Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big daddy54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Pool shock
    I have a wood wall inground pool.while sitting on wet concrete you get a mild sting or tingle on your feet or fingers.put meter in pool picked up a reading of 3 volts.shut down main to house and still have current in pool.any input about this problem.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2012, 02:43 AM
    Need to look into other sources of this voltage, may be from a poorly ground utility pole etc.

The issue may be made worse if the steel reinforcing mesh or rod in concrete is not grounded properly. Perhaps an electrician can look into grounding this steel, as Code requires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical shock from swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

Great info but has anyone found the same culprit or has it been a different solution for all? My pool is in Sandbridge in Virginia Beach. I have noticed a very mild tingle for a few years and no one else ever complained. Now fast forward to 2012 and the shocks are much worse to the point where the...

Mild electrical shock in swimming pool [ 72 Answers ]

:eek: Our swimming pool pump is grounded to the ladder in the pool and also to a copper grounding rod in the ground. The problem is when you touch the wet concrete around the pool while touching the water in the pool you get a mild shock. We've checked it with a voltage meter{the blk. Electrode...

Mild electrical shock in swimming pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have the same problem in my pool in Tobago. Pool lights turned off but I still get a tingle from the light surround (die cast alum) and the stainless steel handrail. I have installed an earth bond between the deck box, had rail and sub panel earth point. I have further installed an earth...

Shock from swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

Just installed salt generator in swimming pool and now we are receiving a small

Static Shock on Concret Deck of Fiberglass pool [ 1 Answers ]

I read others questons regarding static shock on their concrete deck of a fiberglass pool, however has there been any suggestions to the solution. I have also had everything electrical discounted from the pool, filter, light kit, pump. Shut down breakers inside the house. Have contacted the...

View more questions Search