Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chewy26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Unemployment
    I worked for a company as a salaried employee with taxes taken out of each paycheck. After being employed for several months as a salaried employee, my employer switched to a 1099 company. If I no longer work for this company, am I eligible to file for unemployment benefits from this employer?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
    After the switch, did you become a so-called "independent contractor" for this company?

You can claim unemployment benefits for the period during which you were employed, assuming you are not now fully employed, and are seeking work. If your received 1099 income, of course, you would have to report that in your application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get unemployment if I had unemployment then got a 1099 and then lost my job? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if I can still get unemployment if I used to have and it got extended but I started working as a sub contractor and then lost my job. May I go back and still collect that unemployment? Thanks...

Getting my w2 on unemployment? [ 1 Answers ]

When and how do I get my w2 on my unemployment

Unemployment w2 [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get your w2 for unemployment off the internet?

Can you still get unemployment [ 10 Answers ]

Can my husband still get unemployment if he was in jail for only 5 days. He was getting unemployment when he went to jail

Unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

Hi How long do you got to work to get unemployment?

View more questions Search