Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homeboys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Oil ran out; we refilled, but now we can't get furnace running again
    We woke up the other morning to our house being 53 degrees. We knew we were getting low on oil, but hadn't realized *how* low. We got some oil delivered that day, but we can't seem to get the thing running again. It's an old --very old-- Thermopride furnace. My dh has pressed every button he can think of on the thing to reset it or prime the pump, but to no avail. The furnace turns on, but the air it's blowing is cold. Help!

Thanks~
    Adesa in Virginia
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 2, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Try cracking the bleeder fitting on the pump till all the air comes out-- it looks like a oversize grease fitting-- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ran leaf blower without oil [ 13 Answers ]

My darling wife ran a Craftsman leaf blower with straight gas - no oil mixed in. It ran about 10 minutes then stopped. The starter cord will not pull. I took it apart and can see what is stopping the cord - 2 spring loaded arms are hitting a round, grooved plastic piece in such a way that it stops...

Furnace won't keep running [ 9 Answers ]

I have a programmable thermostat. In the morning when the furnace comes on it will run for one cycle and then stop. In order to get it to start again, I have to turn off the heat and then turn it back on again. I have had technicians out several times. They have replaced various parts and...

Furnace oil fired [ 7 Answers ]

I have a beckett oil fired furnace, that has an intermittent problem . If I turn it on most of the time it will come on an work perfect however if I set the thermostat to say 70 the furnace will recycle on and of as it should and then it may pop the reset if I reset it now it may start up and work...

Oil fueled furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a not even two years old oil fueled furnace. I realize that the burner is a independent part of The furnace. I was wondering, can that be changed for a gas fueled burner?

95 civic main relay replaced; ran initially now not running again [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 95 Civic, engine turns but won’t start. Initially CEL remained on and fuel pump was not heard. Car sat and a few days later started, fuel pump was heard, and CEL did not stay on. Next day the car did not start as before and decision was made to replace the main relay. Car...

View more questions Search