Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauren xx 2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Is magic real?
    Hey I am lauren,
    A question that is really bugging me is magic is it real I have all ways wanted to preform witch craft orr a magic spell that works I have read so much but I still don't know but if it is and you have experience then please answer I would be really helpful and one day if it is real I will preform a real spell thanks xxx
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Jul 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
    Some people swear on their lives its real. In my opinion the only magic that is real comes from miracles.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 11, 2012, 06:05 AM
    If we define "magic" to mean control of supernatural forces (i.e. phenomenon that do not naturally occur) to cause an effect, then the answer is no. However - discerning the difference between what is natural versus supernatural requires perfect knowledge of all natural phenomenon, which no one has. So for example if you were to visit a tribe in the Amazon jungle that has had no exposure to modern civilization, and you were to give someone who is suffering from an infection a dose of Penicillin to cure them would they conclude that the pill is magic? Perhaps they would, but we would know that there assumption of the presence of magic is only because they don't have the knowledge of medicine that we do. Similarly if aliens from another world landed in Central Park and demonstrated their ability to levitate what would we conclude about there "magical" abilities? Since you asked this question in a forum devoted to science - science does not recognize the existence of the supernatural (or of magic), but supposes that ALL phenomenon can be explained through the laws of nature. And if explaining something requires invoking the supernatural (or magic) then that just means we don't fully understand it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is Magic Real [ 7 Answers ]

If magic is real think so, is there any slogans will be said by our mind to do the actions which we required. Please answer my questions. Is that possible to hide a person with the help of magic. Is that possible to find the person or things with the help of magic.

I magic real? [ 2 Answers ]

Like spells shape shifting

Is magic real? If so how? [ 9 Answers ]

Is magic real I don't think it is I think it's a load of bull. How can magic be real there is no such thing magic huhh nop don't think so :o

Is magic real? [ 100 Answers ]

There have been many posts about if magic or spells exist or not so I've made a new post explaining it. Magic is real. It works by raising, directing and releasing energy to obtain a goal. However, there are those who have tried to cast a spell before and it didn't work and they wonder why...

View more questions Search