Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emm221 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 2, 2007, 04:07 PM
    50 lb and more over weight
    I want to lose 50 or more pounds in 2 weeks, Is that even possible?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 04:09 PM
    It is not possible to lose that much that fast and not land yourself in the hospital.

2 pounds per week to start is safe, but any more can be damaging to your electrolytes and your internal organs such as your heart.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
    You want to lose 50 lbs in 2 weeks? There is no human, or humane, way to do that. Even if you stopped eating, you would not lose that weight. You would throw your body into the starvation mode and there goes your electrolytes, your body chemistry, your body will sense it is starving and will try to hold onto the fat, your senses will dull, not to mention you will mess up your intestine and bowels. You could very well end up in the hospital in some very serious condition.

Losing 50 lbs in 26 weeks is more logical and sensible and realistic. Fat weight loss does not last. The weight comes back, and then some.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emm221
    I want to lose 50 or more pounds in 2 weeks, Is that even possible?:confused:
    Absolutely impossible! To lose weight/bodyfat percentage it taskes a sensible, healthy and steady weight loss of no more than 3 pounds a week. Slowly lowering body fat levels results in permanent, manageble wight control that will last years and limit weight regain. Any one can lose weight quickly (not 50 lbs in 2 weeks), but losing weight does not mean a lower body fat percentage, if you lose it too quickly you may actually increase the fat percentage. A large percentage of this kind of weight loss will come from fluid losses which are easily regained after the diet. Fluid is lost from the cells as the body burns up the remaining stores of carbs in muscles and the starts to metabolize muscle protein to supply the body's energy needs. The result is pounds od weight loss but only a few ounces of body fat actually burned.:rolleyes:
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Mar 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
    That is extremely drastic.
    Think more realistically because after 2 weeks and not losing 50 lbs you might find yourself even more disappointed.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Even if you could manage to lose that much weight - your skin would look awful. You have to reduce slowly so you can firm up. Flab doesn't disappear overnight.
    laurenjd Posts: 50, Reputation: 6

Jun 28, 2007, 08:56 AM
    You know, I have struggled with my weight my entire life. Constantly looking for new and faster ways to get "skinny" I found 2 ways to loose weight really fast. The best is to starve yourself, and the 2nd is the Atkins. But let me tell you, as soon as I started eating again, I put all the weight I lost back on plus some! It left me fatter and more unhealthy than I was before, plus more depressed! Then one day I heard Oprah say that she had struggled with her weight her entire life also. She said that if there were some magic diet pill or shake or whatever, she'd have it and give it out as her favorite things!! She had to loose her weight and keep it off the old fashion way of eating right and exercising. So, while I believe it's humanly impossible to loose 50lbs in 2 weeks, you might could drop 10 if you really starve yourself. But the question is, do you really want to just do more damage to your body? Here's a sensible thing to do. Give yourself a year. Just think of how many years a person lives, take one! Eat good and exercise. If you stay committed, I guarantee you, you'll loose your 50lbs!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

:( I'm a teenager but I'm kind of fat:( I want to loose weight how can I do that except taking all these pills and stuff cause I don't trust them ! I want to looze weight but I don't know a way Help me!! Xoxo

Weight [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 10 years old. He weighs 98 pounds and is 4feet 6inches tall. What is the recommended weight for his height?

Weight [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am nearly 15 and weigh 7 1/2 stone - sorry don't know the equivillants etc - my doctor says this is normal but I am fat comparred to everyone else and I am trying to lose weight but does anyone else weigh this and how old are you?

Weight [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 17 year old 6'2'' boy. I have always been skinny my entire life but now am beginning to get a little chubby. Just in the past month I have gone from 160 lbs to 180 lbs with no change in exercise or diet. Is there any reason for this jump in weight

How much weight? [ 1 Answers ]

How much weight should I lose if I am 1.82cm tall and I weigh 80kg? I want to be thinner, because I have quite a fat stomach... thanks

View more questions Search