Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kim nation Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 07:55 AM
    Dads last name differs on his birth certificate from his social security card
    Can anybody give my family some insight on this question. Birth certificate also has his aunt and uncle as mother and father. He's now almost 60yrs old has never had a copy of his birth certificate until today. How that's possible I do not know We're all ever confused. Help would be appreciated.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2012, 08:08 AM
    My guess? The people who raised him, his aunt and uncle, were, in fact, his birth parents. For whatever reason this was a family secret.

I have no idea why.

Was he adopted and you are looking at the after-adoption CORRECTED birth certificate?

I'm not sure about your question because the title asks about his father's last name on his SS card -

Jul 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
    The story he has been told was that his mother let his aunt and uncle raise him at 2 yrs old because his stepfather mistreated him. There are no adoption papers that are know. He does't know his father just his name. All involved are all deceased. He has went by his mothers maiden name all his life. Every document his whole life had been that last name and nobody caught his error. He served in the military. Its all very confusing. Thank you JudyKayTee for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    My guess? The people who raised him, his aunt and uncle, were, in fact, his birth parents. For whatever reason this was a family secret.

I have no idea why.

Was he adopted and you are looking at the after-adoption CORRECTED birth certificate?

I'm not sure about your question because the title asks about his father's last name on his SS card -
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim nation View Post
    The story he has been told was that his mother let his aunt and uncle raise him at 2 yrs old because his stepfather mistreated him. There are no adoption papers that are know. He does't know his father just his name. All involved are all deceased. He has went by his mothers maiden name all his life. Every document his whole life had been that last name and nobody caught his error. He served in the military. Its all very confusing. Thank you JudyKayTee for your help.

You read about things like this. I'm an investigator, primarily for law firms, and I've heard stories but never actually talked to anyone about situations like this. Idid get involved in one birth (which seems impossible) but the people involved thought it was a good idea for the mother to use the adopting mother's name for the handful of Doctor's visits she had AND in the hospital - for example, her real name was Jane Doe but she used the ID of Jane Smith during the pregnancy and delivery.

The because was filed using the name Jane Smith (which is who they thought she was) and Jane Smith's husband. How is that for bizarre?

Ended up that someone got wind of this some years later during an inheritance dispute and it got terribly complicated. I believe no one was charge criminally. I only heard about it because I do other work for the same law firm.

I can't imagine why if he IS the natural child of the aunt and uncle they gave him a convoluted story about his mother and father.

I wonder if at that point in time it was easier to falsify a birth certificate and so the mother gave birth and handed him over to the aunt and uncle, filled out the because in their names and walked away.

I can't imagine! Of course, in this day and age of computers it's all the more difficult to understand.

If you or he find out I'd really like to know - what a puzzle!

Jul 10, 2012, 08:54 AM
    Yes I will let you know what we find out. He may not ever find all the answers. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    You read about things like this. I'm an investigator, primarily for law firms, and I've heard stories but never actually talked to anyone about situations like this. Idid get involved in one birth (which seems impossible) but the people involved thought it was a good idea for the mother to use the adopting mother's name for the handful of Doctor's visits she had AND in the hospital - for example, her real name was Jane Doe but she used the ID of Jane Smith during the pregnancy and delivery.

The bc was filed using the name Jane Smith (which is who they thought she was) and Jane Smith's husband. How is that for bizarre?

Ended up that someone got wind of this some years later during an inheritance dispute and it got terribly complicated. I believe no one was charge criminally. I only heard about it because I do other work for the same law firm.

I can't imagine why if he IS the natural child of the aunt and uncle they gave him a convoluted story about his mother and father.

I wonder if at that point in time it was easier to falsify a birth certificate and so the mother gave birth and handed him over to the aunt and uncle, filled out the bc in their names and walked away.

I can't imagine! Of course, in this day and age of computers it's all the more difficult to understand.

If you or he find out I'd really like to know - what a puzzle!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Certificate different last name from Social Security Card [ 7 Answers ]

I hope I'm on the right forum for this question and I really hope someone can help--I went to the DMV recently to file for a address change on my license, the DMV told me that since the name on my social security card didn't match the name on my license, I would not be able to update my address and...

Birth certificate and social security card [ 1 Answers ]

If the non custodial parent request a copy of our child's birth certificate and social security card and I withhold it, will that hurt me in court?

What are dads rights in Ohio with no name on birth certificate [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 5 month old and her fathers name is not on the birth certificate. I am afraid that if she is with him without my supervision that she will get seriously injured. I am also afraid that he will pick her up from daycare one day and just try to take her from me. Can he do this? And if he does...

Different name on social security card and birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My birth certificate has my first and last name only but my s.s card has my first name and last name but it also has my moms last name as my middle name. I never use it but I don't know if it's easier for me to put on my birth cert. Her last name as my middle name or should I just take it off my...

View more questions Search