Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmartOne6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 05:24 AM
    Correct a payroll check in quickbooks that was issued & cashed for wrong amount.
    How do I correct an overpayment of payroll in Quickbooks. The check was issued and cashed by the employee who did not notice the small difference.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2012, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartOne6 View Post
    How do I correct an overpayment of payroll in Quickbooks. The check was issued and cashed by the employee who did not notice the small difference.
    What correction is necessary? You have made the payment and the check has been cleared so you need to adjust the payroll record with a journal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would be the amount of check issued for 08/11 invoice for $648.50 paid on 09/13 [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the amount of check issued for 08/11 invoice for $648.50 paid on 09/13 with the terms (3/10, 2/15, n30-5% apr)?

Payroll company witholding money from uncashed payroll check [ 1 Answers ]

I have a payroll check that is about four years old and the payroll company says that they are in no way obligated to reissue me a check, and that the escheat laws only apply to government office jobs but that is not true. Who would I contact to help me on this problem?

Correct an entry in Quickbooks - Canada. [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I upgraded my QB from 2007 to 2008 - 2008 QB has a new feature that Produced GST reports for the government. I, unknowingly ran the program and it calculated the GST owing that I had already paid manually and posted. What would be the correct journal entry to removie this entry...

View more questions Search