Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bucky93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Theft over 5 thousand in canada ontario?
    A few months ago I bought a truck that I knew nothing about other then the add saying the truck was in an accident and needed a new frame and was in parts. It was a newer truck and I was being allowed to make payments on it. Which I thought was a good idea. I am only 18yrs old and I will be 19 in a month, I am also a young mother of a little girl and am trying to start school back to get my grade 12 in September. Then on mothers day I get a call saying the cops are picking up my truck and they took it and told me it was a stolen truck. Then on Sunday I got a call asking me to go the police station and so I went and I go questioned about and now I am charged with theft over 5000$ and I have a trip to the states booked for Aug 1st and my court date is July 24th. I have never been in trouble before and I have my whole life and I wouldn't do anything that would risk that for my daughter. What are the likely result if I get convicted? Do you still think I will be able to go on my trip?
    I really need help as I am freaking out in side
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Did you not provide them with all the paper work, bill of sale, receipts and more ? This is what your attorney will do, They will need to show you as a victim.

You will just have to show that it was sold for the correct price and that you would not have any idea it was stolen. Since it was sold for parts, then you were not driving it, since it would not have been sold to be used.

Of course if you can't prove this, and can't give them the name and address , you are in trouble.

I would consider cancel any travel after court, since you may be in jail. You need the best attorney you can get.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 in ontario, canada [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I am 18 years old and was recently caught trying to walk out of walmart with unpaid cosmetics in my purse. The loss prevention officer took me to the back and read me my rights, and we waited for a police officer to arrive who charged me with theft under $5000. I have a date set for...

Youth charged in Ontario,Canada of theft under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

My seventeen year old son was charged and arrested for theft under 5000 . He admitted to stealing hardware from a computer at his job. He is to appear in court in several weeks and will be fingerprinted. I have already hired a lawyer but my question is since he is under eighteen how long will his...

Theft under 5000, Canada, Ontario [ 0 Answers ]

My last paycheque (over a thousand dollars) from my past employer was mailed to my previous residence, where the woman living there managed to cash my paycheque "by accident." When she was caught by the bank, she e-mailed me and confessed what she did. I filed a police report but they said that I...

Fraud and theft charges over $5000.00 in Ontario Canada [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine has been charged with theft and fraud. He embazzled over $80,000.00 while he was the president of a soccer association. He wrote himself checks and also took cash. He bankrupted the soccer association. Will he serve time in jail?? Will he have to pay back the money?? He has...

View more questions Search