Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kclark6456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Tree close to slope in yard
    We planted maple trees in the yard but now realize that they are close to the edge of the slope downgrade to the road. Should we build a wall foundation around the tree to raise up the ground level around the tree where the slope is? Will the tree roots be strong enough to hold the tree upright near the slope?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 04:08 PM
    I am not a tree expert but worked for a state highway agency that planted trees on slopes all the time. I believe that the primary concern is that the water runs down the slope and does not reach the roots, but there are ways of preventing that. This link has some info on that sunject on page 633-7:
    http://cmg.colostate.edu/gardennotes/633.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor planting a Tree in front yard [ 5 Answers ]

My neighbor is going to plant a tree that will grow up to 50'. The front of my house is facing the side of his. He is going to plant it about 10' away from my driveway but the potential width is going to be 15-30' at full growth and not to mention it is going to block half my house from being...

Landlard cut down a tree in neighbors yard and now I have small like trees coming up [ 1 Answers ]

Land lord cut down neighbors yard last summer and now I have small like trees coming up all over my yard how can I get reid of them

Good tree for front yard. [ 2 Answers ]

My front yard is 80'x40' there used to be a huge spruce tree but I cut it down. Looking for a deciduous tree with a root system that's not invasive. Would like some but not too tall, 50' max. I live in the northeast and have sandy soil. Looking at an eastern redbud. Any other suggestions?

Yard and Patio Drainage Slope [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to build a Patio and Landscape my yard. What is the proper slope for drainage (per foot). Second part of same question. My neighbor's yard is higher than mine and I also need to slope mine more away from my house. Will I need to put in a retaining wall to prevent the water...

Calculating slope and change in slope (Mathcad) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been using mathcad for a only a few weeks, so my knowledge of it is limited. I have a set of data points which I have created some polynomial and cubic splines on a graph. What I want to do is calculate the slopes and change in slope of the curves. Any help on a mathcad...

View more questions Search