Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gman4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 02:40 PM
    My Girlfriend is Always Angry at me, relationship ending?
    I have been with my girlfriend for two years. The first year was amazing, after that we began having little arguments, which gradually would be become larger and more frequent. We now live together and hardly ever get along. The arguments always begin when she finds fault with something that I did/said/didn't do, she'll quickly become upset and blow the situation up. I'm not talking about big things, there's no cheating hear, no abuse.. no lying, she'll get upset over something like me not "reassuring" her enough when she's talking about something that worrys her.

This brings me to another issue, she's always been a bit of a cynic, but this past year she's just started getting really down about everything. She frequently complains that she hates her job, her schooling, has no real friends and isn't getting along with me so she hates her life altogether. Actually, everday she complains about these things. I will try to reassure her by telling her that as long as we have our health and each other, things will workout OK, but this just makes her angry - she does not like being told that everything will be OK, so this would be another example of something I might do which will cause an argument.

She stays angry for days at a time, even if I am very apologetic and go out of my way to do things nice for her to try and make it up to her. I'm not sure what to do here, I love her so much but things just aren't working. We had a fight today and she told me that we've both changed and she doesn't know how she feels about our relationship. She said that she still loves me, but doesn't love me the same way, and no longer feels the depth of emotion she used to. Is my relationship ending? Anyone experienced anything similar? Suggestions?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4 View Post
    Is my relationship ending?
    It definitely looks that way.

There's nothing you can do, it's an internal problem that only she can solve.

You ought to break up with her.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 02:54 PM
    For half of this relationship, it sounds like she is being unreasonable and impossible to please, and you spend your time trying to make up for false accusations, and her seemingly unhappy life.

That is a long time to try to coddle a person into adulthood.

Imagine your life with her, 10 years from now, or 20 years. Do you see her changing, being less selfish, better able to talk instead of fight?

Now she's not sure of you at all, as you said. I would say this has been in the works, for a long, long time.

This does not seem like a loving relationship to me, and it isn't likely to be, despite you trying to make everything okay for her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Most likely she was always like that, the issue when you first get together you are too much in love to notice

If you both can not get into counseling it does not appear it will work
    gwoman4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 10:21 PM
    You sound awefully familiar

I know who you are.. your girlfriend loves you to pieces... take some accountability for the rest of the story you neglected to tell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I so angry and confused in this relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

Dear all, I usually refrain from writing things down about my feelings and making it public but here goes.. My boyfriend and I met over a year ago. He's 25 and I'm 28. He's a Gemini and I am Capricorn,( I somewhat believe in Astrology). I am deeply in love with this guy and he claims he loves...

How do I fix my relationship? My boyfriend is always angry? [ 6 Answers ]

I been with my boyfriend 3 years. We have two kids together. He always gets angry for anything.Like if he can't find something, or the kids cry too much, and if I ask a question twice, he says that he feels trapped, or that he just out of no where gets frustrated with me, or he gets mad at...

Ending a 6 yr relationship.don't know if I'm right [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This is my first post on these boards and I was drawn by the fact that I am having difficulty dealing with the probable end of my relationship with my girlfriend of six years. I am hoping to get some insight from people who can show complete objectivity with respect to my...

Ending a relationship [ 1 Answers ]

When do you decide that enough is enough? How do you know when To end a relationship that in fact is not a relationship - just one sided. In this case, it is a parent/adult child relationship with the child being High vindictive and unstable toward other family members. Just how much...

My relationship seem to be ending [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there I am in a relationship for about a year and a half now. She is a wonderful person, in time we have discovered that she is not interested in marriage nor kids, she has been divorced, has two girls. I have one daughter. She has been very secretive, I have found out that she has and is...

View more questions Search