Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dchamness78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 02:06 PM
    Unsafe working environment
    I am wondering if I've been in a unsafe working environment.Today I got into a dispute with a fellow coworker and he threatened to punch me in the face.I got upset afterwards and walked out.I did say a few things on way out but nothing any worse than he said to me before and I got fired and nothing happened to him.Also I feel there is favoritism there because one guy can do something and she won't say a word to him,but if I was to do it she would yell at me.Just feel its very unfair and want to know if there is anything I can do about the situation.
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Jul 9, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Yes you can appeal and put the word out on the threat that he said to you if he really did threaten you physically and nothing happened then you can go after him and the employer sadly you can't go after them for unsafe working environment because it was just a personal dispute. Helpful rating pl0x?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 03:14 PM
    One thing I can tell you is that you do not want to go back to work there. It also could be that she has some kind of a relationship with the worker that threatened you. I really dislike to hear about this kind of stuff since jobs are a little hard to get now days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 03:40 PM
    First another employee does not make the work place "unsafe" and you call the police you do not.

You left work without permission and that is most likely why you were fired, you did not go see the boss

If this is a large company you can file an appeal to HR if not there is nothing you can do, you did not handle it properly when it happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What constitutes an "unsafe work environment"? [ 7 Answers ]

My company is currently experiencing severe issues with power problems (caused at least partially by the local energy company). This has resulted in power surges, power losses, and "brown outs". It has also caused us to lose air conditioning in much of our building. My office is an...

Bad working environment [ 3 Answers ]

This is a long story I will try and keep it short. First off a little back ground. I work in an office, last spring my manager went on a leave of absence then in the fall they put a "management trainee" there to help with the work load. A couple of months ago my manager resigned due to health...

Friends in working environment [ 2 Answers ]

My really good friend and I now work together. She has been in the position for a year and a half, I got hired in doing the same job as her. She found out that I'm making more money than her, and now she's mad at me. I didn't ask for the amount that my employer is paying me and I told her that and...

I feel unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :( I have post this before! My boyfriend and I live and work in different city! He works in a cosmetic company,most of his colleagues are women,you can say they are beautiful women! He works with them everyday,and has lunch,supper with them everyday as he never does cooking! People...

Working in the health care environment [ 1 Answers ]

Our community health clinics are very busy, at times stressful, and we serve patients who are challenged by income issues, english as a second language, and who are often medically compromised because of lack of preventative care, Write about the skills that help you function well in busy and...

View more questions Search