Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mlleetes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2012, 11:56 AM
    Chef boyfriend doesn't initiate sex often enough
    My boyfriend and I have been together for two and a half years. It's the longest relationship I've ever had. He's a chef. I'm an artist currently waiti.g tables. When we met, I was a cook. So, I understand the intense pressure of the job, and the crazy hours, but I fail to understand why he doesn't want to have sex more than once every other week! I have a need for more sex with him, but we only have sex when he initiates it. I've backed off and tried subtle hints, and I've tried to be patient. I have talked to him about this, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
    Are some guys totally turned off by a woman wanting sex? How do I proceed, because I don't know if this phase is just a phase.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 01:50 PM
    You say you understand but I am not sure you actually do. There is a bunch of pressure on him and probably after a hard day, the last thing he wants is sex.

Could also have a low libido. Has be been to a doctor recently?
    Mobley119 Posts: 142, Reputation: 6

Jul 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
    When my husband is especially exhausted from work he won't want sex except maybe once a week, if that. It's not that he's not turned on by me, it's just that for him it's not an enjoyable thing to do to the point where he has a hard time, or doesn't finish. So we've gotten to the point where when we do have sex we make sure it's really special. Since we've been doing that we've been having more of it, since there's less pressure on him. And in between if we feel in the mood but are just exhausted, we will do non sex things that are quick but get our rocks off. Maybe that could work for your situation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley119 View Post
    When my husband is especially exhausted from work he won't want sex except maybe once a week, if that. It's not that he's not turned on by me, it's just that for him it's not an enjoyable thing to do to the point where he has a hard time, or doesn't finish. So we've gotten to the point where when we do have sex we make sure it's really special. Since we've been doing that we've been having more of it, since there's less pressure on him. And in between if we feel in the mood but are just exhausted, we will do non sex things that are quick but get our rocks off. Maybe that could work for your situation?

Wow - how long have you been married?

Non sex things that get your rocks off? I haven't heard that phrase since I was in College. Anyway, what non-sex things "get [your] rocks off"?
    cinderlla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
    I'm the same, by boyfriend 36 years old, can go weeks with out, I'm so frustrated I complain and it makes things worse. He has gotten a full health check that's came back fine and even tried a differnent diet. It's not never but only when he wants, I've giving up trying and but still want to sort it, but it's looking now that we might have to face the cruel truth that there is no chemistry between us, as much as we get along togethe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend doesn't initiate sex [ 4 Answers ]

MOVED FROM OLD THREAD No one is actually helping this poor woman, just bickering about age (in 19 just in case you need to know). I am having the same problem, my boyfriend used to initiate sex at the beginning of our relationship (over a year ago) but for a while it has been just me...

My boyfriend says we don't have enough sex and that I don't initiate it. What to do? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what to do about the current state of my relationship. My boyfriend of over a year recently told me we have a major issue in the sex department. Everything else is good, but our sexual relationship seems to be waning away. Our sex has never been fantastic, nor horrible, but since...

How do I initiate sex with my boyfriend?! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm 17, and so is my boyfriend, Adam. I've been going out with Adam for almost two years, now, but I've known him since second grade (We're seniors). He's the nicest, sweetest, funniest person I know, and he's gotten me through the worst parts of my life, and always been there for me, and I...

Why won't my boyfriend let me initiate sex? [ 6 Answers ]

Every time I try to initiate sex, he pushes me off or tells me he's too tired or some other crappy reason not to have sex with me and if I try anyway (he likes to "take it" so I figure its okay for me to do it, too, because it's a game for us) he gets all pissed off and has even struck me- but its...

What should I do when my boyfriend never wants to initiate sex? [ 8 Answers ]

I always have t be the one to start doing something for him to know I'm in the mood. He says he doent want to "harrass" me so that's why he's like that and that's just the way he is... I feel rejected when I take extra time to put something nice on and if he sees me in it he doesn't "jump all over...

View more questions Search