Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tom Hoyt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Whirlpool ice maker probs
    After it makes one batch, it refills (the way it is supposed to), freezes the new water, then skips the unloading of the new cubes and runs more water (all over the place) as if it were refilling an EMPTY ice tray. I take it apart. Remove the frozen cubes. Replace the maker. The next batch makes the way its supposed to then it repeats the cycle of not emptying the cubes that are frozen and new water runs everywhere.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 3, 2007, 03:44 PM
    You replaced the ice maker? This is still happening?

Check the connections at the plug into the "wall" inside the freezer. Make sure there is no corrosion - do this WITH THE POWER CORD UNPLUGGED FROM THE WALL.

Stew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore refrigerator who's ice maker has stopped making ice. It is only 1 yr old. I have changed the filter and still no ice. Any clues?

Whirlpool Ice Maker Problem [ 0 Answers ]

My ice maker stopped working. I replaced the valve and connected all the hoses and wires back up. Then I turned the ice maker on, and when it cycled and the water came on to fill the ice maker, the water came out of the water in the door dispenser. I checked the wires on the valve to make sure I...

Ice Maker [ 2 Answers ]

My icemaker in freezer of ref. quit working. I checked the arm and it seems to be OK. Any ideas on troubleshooting unit appreciated.

Ice Maker Won't Make Ice on its Own [ 0 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear water...

View more questions Search