Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bentleymorgan Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Can I use super glue?
    I just broke the tooth off my flipper and I'm so scard and don't know what to do I don't want to tell my mom or dad because I just got this a week ago! Please help me I need to know can I use superglue?
    I NEED TO KNOW NOW!PLEASE:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:11 PM
    No, you have to tell your mom
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bentleymorgan View Post
    i just broke the tooth off my flipper and im so scard and dont know what to do i dont want to tell my mom or dad becasue i just got this a week ago! please help me i need to know can i use superglue?
    I NEED TO KNOW NOW!PLEASE:(
    I do know what a flipper is, but I don't know how it's fitted into the mouth. Is it fastened into place with a tooth adhesive, or is it like a retainer, with metal prongs that wrap around the molars?

I'm weary about the super glue. The only worry is that even when it dries, I'm not sure if it's safe to put in your mouth.

Tell mom and dad. Yes, they may be upset, even mad, but they'll know what to do.

Jul 8, 2012, 07:23 PM
    But I'm to scard to tell my mom! I just got this flipper because I my dog ate my other flipper and I just got this one a week ago I'm so clumpsey what should I do?
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:27 PM
    but im to scard to tell my mom! i just got this flipper bc i my dog ate my other flipper and i just got this one a week ago im so clumpsey what should i do?
    First, did the entire tooth break off? How is the tooth attached to the base part?

Like I said, I know what a flipper is, but I've never actually seen one, so I don't know how they're pieced together.

I understand you're scared, and that mom and dad may be mad, but, if the crazy glue doesn't work, if you don't fix it correctly (which will be hard to do), they're going to know. Also, it's very possible that the crazy glue will be toxic even after it's dried. You don't want to get sick, or worse.

I'm a mom. One thing I can say as a mom. I do get mad when my kids break something, or do something they know they aren't supposed to do, but, if they hide it and I find out, I'm a lot madder than I would be if they told me when it happened.

They're your parents. They love you. They'll forgive you. You're much more important that a stupid flipper.

Jul 8, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    no, you have to tell your mom
    Thank you 4 answer I really apprecitit:)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Well, you can tell them now and they'll be mad, or you can wait and tell them later, and they will be FURIOUS that you didn't say anything earlier.

Jul 8, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    First, did the entire tooth break off? How is the tooth attached to the base part?

Like I said, I know what a flipper is, but I've never actually seen one, so I don't know how they're pieced together.

I understand you're scared, and that mom and dad may be mad, but, if the crazy glue doesn't work, if you don't fix it correctly (which will be hard to do), they're going to know. Also, it's very possible that the crazy glue will be toxic even after it's dried. You don't want to get sick, or worse.

I'm a mom. One thing I can say as a mom. I do get mad when my kids break something, or do something they know they aren't supposed to do, but, if they hide it and I find out, I'm a lot madder than I would be if they told me when it happened.

They're your parents. They love you. They'll forgive you. You're much more important that a stupid flipper.
    Your helping a lot and I'm realived your mom by the way but I can styill but the tooth and the flipper in mouth mouth it look the same it really does but its loose and I just got this and my moms been stressted latley and do you think I should wait a while and then tell her when everything is back in order?

Jul 8, 2012, 07:38 PM
    ur helping alot and im realived ur mom btw but i can styill but the tooth and the flipper in mouth mouth it look the same it really does but its loose and i just got this and my moms been stressted latley and do u think i should wait a while and then tell her when everything is back in order?
    Plus I do understand that I am much more important thean a flipper but its going to cost money to have it go get fixed in the desnest? And were having a tuff time and she's been very very very stressted latley and I'm so scard!
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:44 PM
    And let your parents know, they may try to glue it, but then it will be their choice, in case you make it worst by doing it.

I wish I could tell you a great secret to do it, and I know it is hard, but to be honest normally if you are hiding something, it makes you lose sleep, feel bad, you as you grow up, will find that being honest is hard but never wrong
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Just think how mad she'll be if you use superglue. It will cost her a whole lot more.
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:45 PM
    Plus i do understand that i am much more important thean a flipper but its going to cost money to have it go get fixed in the desnest? and were having a tuff time and shes been very very very stressted latley and im so scard!
    She obviously thinks a flipper is important, so times can be that tough, since she spent the money on one.

I understand you're scared, I've been there.

When I was 11 years old my parents went out for a few hours, left me and my best friend at home (she was sleeping over). It was winter, and we had just had a snowfall. Our tent trailer was in the backyard, and there was a good 2 feet of snow, freshly fallen snow, on top of it.

I got this bright idea to make tracks on the trailer roof, in the snow. So I got my boots on, climbed on the trailer, started walking around, and put my foot right throw the air vent.

This trailer was not cheap, it cost a lot more than a flipper I can tell you. I thought my parents would kill me. I even sent my friend home, I was too scared to have anyone around, but I knew I had to tell my parents. The few hours they were gone were the worst hours of my life. I was sure they'd never forgive me.

When they got home I took a deep breath and I told them what I had done. My dad didn't even flinch. His response was "well, we needed to replace that vent anyway".

Um? What? I stressed over nothing?

Your parents may be mad. They may yell. They may even punish you. But, telling them is the right thing to do, and they're adults, they can solve this problem far easier than you can.

You won't be able to breathe easy until you tell them. You know that. Lying to them, or trying to fix it yourself and possibly making it even worse, won't help.

Deep breathe. Remember that they love you, even if they get mad, they'll get over it. Waiting won't help anything.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 08:12 PM
    I think you are talking about a temporary tooth replacement that looks something like a partial, a tooth façade mounted on clear plastic. If you cleaned both part crazy glue would work but the dentist would likely repair ir better and maybe for no charge depending on how long you had the flipper
    Pets Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Ballen, a flipper is like fake teeth, but they're for children. They're mainly used in the pageant circuit. They're not actual false teeth, they rest on top of the child's actual teeth. It's a prop used to give the child a straight, white, even smile.

The ones I've seen were attached to the teeth by an appropriate adhesive, used for dentures. But they're not dentures. Not by far. They're a thin veneer like substance, not as thick a tooth.

I'm afraid I'm not describing them very well. :(

I'll see if I can find something online that can give a better description.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Alty, I know what you are describing, they are plastic and can be glued with cyanoacrylate ( crazy glue)

Jul 8, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    and let your parents know, they may try to glue it, but then it will be their choice, in case you make it worst by doing it.

I wish I could tell you a great secret to do it, and I know it is hard, but to be honest normally if you are hiding something, it makes you lose sleep, feel bad, you as you grow up, will find that being honest is hard but never wrong
    What's your secreat?

Jul 8, 2012, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Just think how mad she'll be if you use superglue. It will cost her a whole lot more.
    OMG UR SO RIGHT but... what if it works and all goes well shell never know... but I will:(

Jul 8, 2012, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    She obviously thinks a flipper is important, so times can be that tough, since she spent the money on one.

I understand you're scared, I've been there.

When I was 11 years old my parents went out for a few hours, left me and my best friend at home (she was sleeping over). It was winter, and we had just had a snowfall. Our tent trailer was in the backyard, and there was a good 2 feet of snow, freshly fallen snow, on top of it.

I got this bright idea to make tracks on the trailer roof, in the snow. So I got my boots on, climbed on the trailer, started walking around, and put my foot right throw the air vent.

This trailer was not cheap, it cost a lot more than a flipper I can tell you. I thought my parents would kill me. I even sent my friend home, I was too scared to have anyone around, but I knew I had to tell my parents. The few hours they were gone were the worst hours of my life. I was sure they'd never forgive me.

When they got home I took a deep breath and I told them what I had done. My dad didn't even flinch. His response was "well, we needed to replace that vent anyway".

Um? What? I stressed over nothing?

Your parents may be mad. They may yell. They may even punish you. But, telling them is the right thing to do, and they're adults, they can solve this problem far easier than you can.

You won't be able to breathe easy until you tell them. You know that. Lying to them, or trying to fix it yourself and possibly making it even worse, won't help.

Deep breathe. Remember that they love you, even if they get mad, they'll get over it. Waiting won't help anything.
    Thank you so much uve opened up my eyes uve helped a lot and yea I'm 13:) and I'm girl if you didn't that:)

Jul 8, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    alty, i know what you are describing, they are plastic and can be glued with cyanoacrylate ( crazy glue)
    They can well it goes in your mouth...
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 04:53 AM
    For a parent, it is the lie (not telling them) that will get you in more trouble than breaking this.
    If you and your mom glue this together, she is mad, and it goes away and it is a great story to laugh about in a few years.

You don't tell her, and she will find out ( believe me, she will) then you doing this behind her back may be a issue to cause trouble for years to come.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed my flipper with super glue [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I need a little help. I broke a tooth on my flipper while traveling Europe today. I put it back in with super glue to temporarily solve the problem. I have two questions: 1) I will be in Paris, France and I need to contact a good cosmetic dentist there to fix or replace this one, and I...

Using super glue on filling? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a filling that keeps popping out. I am waiting to get into a new dentist and don't know how much longer I can hang on to this filling and pushing it back in!! The tooth is pretty bad off, damaged that is. I am curious, can I use super glue to keep it adhered inside the tooth until I get to...

How to remove super glue from leather couch [ 1 Answers ]

[put patch on hole in side of cushion with super glue and glue rubbed along side of arm rest and now has gone through and made mark about 2inches long.How can I fix this. Is there a polisg or something I can use.thank you.

Super glue from leather sofa [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to remove super glue on a leather sofa? A very small amount was dripped on it and Im not sure how to get it off without ruining the leather. Thank you

Getting super glue off a leather suite [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get super glue off a cream leather settee

View more questions Search