Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alionline83 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Confused in permutation and combination
    Hi,
    I am basically student of applied Economics but as a toll of research we use statistics. We are just in the beginning of the things and I have a problem. I get confused in questions related to permutation and combination and find it difficult to figure it out about what formula to use. Is there any trick that can make things easier for me? Please do reply
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Mar 2, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Use permutations when order matters but use combinations when order does not matter.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Permutations and combinations refers to the many ways different variables can be combined to create an out come. A very, very simple explanation. If you flip a coin you have a 1:2 chance of heads. If you flip it again, the odds are still 1:. However if you what to know what the chances are or fliping two heads ina row with two flips, its 1:4. I used this simple model because you were talking about statistics. How many different ways can you combine the variables. Help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused [ 19 Answers ]

I am a 21 year old girl going out with a 24 year old guy for 2yrs. He says he Loves me and I love him, but sometimes I get scared because I feel that he is going to cheat on me. The reason I feel that way is because when we go out to bars.. he gets drunk and starts complementing other women...

Combination Permutation? [ 3 Answers ]

In how many ways can the batting order be determined for a coed softball team w/ five women and four men if a) there are no restrictions b) the women must all bat first c) the first and ninth batters must be men

Confused [ 6 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 6 weeks now my friends who talk to him a lot say he wants to makeout with me but he's my first boyfriend I'm ready to kiss him but not make out yet we have grinded at dances and stuff and were really close and tell eacher a lot:) but I'm scard ill kiss...

Combination shower fan on GFI [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a combination fan, light, night light shower fan in a new shower, all of which are on separate switches. The electrician pulled all three switches to the panel box. It sounds to me that I will need to install 3 GFI breakers. Will I need to have all 3 on separate GFI breakers? What...

So confused [ 4 Answers ]

My friends had been cutting themslevs and one of them still does. That's when my problem got worse. I'v always had problems with myself mostly emotional but I neva admit it to anyone, I can neva talk to my family or my friends, I feel as though I'm disappionting them. I always feel lower then...

View more questions Search