Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaliota2002 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Regular alcohol urine test not ETG
    If I had three beers on Friday, with my last beer at 8 pm, and if I take a regular urine test which they test for ethanol only not ETG on Monday by 4 pm, would I be okay? I was told that 1 drink whether beer, wine or shot takes 2 hours to get out of your bloodstream? Is that correct?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaliota2002 View Post
    If I had three beers on Friday, with my last beer at 8 pm, and if i take a regular urine test which they test for ethanol only not ETG on Monday by 4 pm, would I be okay? I was told that 1 drink whether beer, wine or shot takes 2 hours to get out of your bloodstream? Is that correct?
    The 2 hour figure provides a safe estimate. Three beers on Friday will be long gone by Monday for any type of test performed.

Jul 9, 2012, 12:21 PM
    OK so even if they do an ETG test and if my test is at 3 today and if I had 3 beers Friday with my last at 8 pm I should still be fine?

Jul 9, 2012, 01:36 PM
    So how much water would one have to drink for the urine test to come back diluted? If I drank around 70 ounces of water from 9 to 3 pm and then took a urine test at 3 would that affect the test results? Would the color of the urine be an indicator? The more clear the more diluted?
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaliota2002 View Post
    So how much water would one have to drink for the urine test to come back diluted? If I drank around 70 ounces of water from 9 to 3 pm and then took a urine test at 3 would that affect the test results? Would the color of the urine be an indicator? The more clear the more diluted?
    You have me going in a circle here. EtG not EtG.

How much water you would have to drink is an unknown in relation to EtG elimination. But we can skip that anyway. 3 beers consumed on Friday evening will not be detectable on Monday morning regardless of the test utilized (EtOH or EtG)

It appears to me that you are bent on challenging the limits of this test. That is not advisable.

Jul 9, 2012, 04:40 PM
    No no, I just worked out and drank a lot more water than usual and then I had someone tell me that too much water could dilute the test, I wasn't doing anything on purpose.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2012, 05:16 PM
    My comments, advice or direction are never accusatory nor judgemental. Only observational and advisory. In review, I see how how my statement may have been interpreted otherwise. My fault. I apologize.

Your purpose or intent is of no concern to me. My intent is to provide objective and empirically verifiable information.

If I have failed in any way to directly address your concern please let me know.

Jul 9, 2012, 05:31 PM
    Its OK you have been extremely helpful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any urine test detect alcohol longer than ETG on a panel? [ 2 Answers ]

I had half a shot on Tuesday the 28th after almost a year sober. The following Tuesday I had a 9 panel drug screen- with ethanol being tested, I believe they use ETG. Although I know I should be in the clear, I have a lot to lose and was wondering if there are any other URINE tests used that could...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

EtG alcohol urine test [ 0 Answers ]

So I get tested with a urine EtG test for alcohol (that I heard tests for up to 96 hours) On Monday at 6pm... say I drink that night and then on Tuesday but not the rest of the week... will I pass my next one on the following Monday? Online it is very confusing. Do I count just the hours? Or are...

View more questions Search