Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PhinHead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 06:44 AM
    Hot water valve for washer open but no water
    At the washer, I disconnect both hot and cold lines feeding washer. There is no hot water coming out of wall at washer. Rest of house is fine. I have a 13 yr old gas water heater in Phoenix, it is summer now. Could water heater be showing first signs it is about to fail? Again, rest of house hot and cold water is fine. Wash room is 5-10 ft from garage based water heater.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:18 AM
    What you describe indicate a problem with the hot water valve at the washer or that there is a stop valve on that line that is closed. Not symptom of water heater failing.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 8, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Turn the water off at the water heater and op[en up the valve, Check for trash and turn the hot water on for a second to be sure you're getting pressure to the valve. If you get pressure check the washer's secured and reassemble, Better now? Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water drips from kitchen faucet even if hot water supply valve turned off [ 6 Answers ]

Have 2 handle kitchen faucet, cartridge stems. Hot water dripping from faucet even if hot water supply turned off. Volume of water dripping increasing over time. Changed o-ring, didn't help. Not sure if I need new hot water cartridge stem or hot water supply valve, or both.

First time open the tap get cold water after 5 minutes get hot water [ 7 Answers ]

When I open the tap get cold water after 5 minute get the hot water. I asked the water tank rental company they came and said problem with shut off valve not with the tank. Can someone let me know problem with water tank for shut of valve.

Hot water zone valve sticks open [ 0 Answers ]

My mother is in an assisted living facility and is having a problem with her hot water heating system in her room. After not getting any help from the maintanence man, I'm trying to diagnose the problem without taking anything apart. Observations. The room has its own thermostat and a Honeywell...

How do I shut off the hot water to change the hot water valve of my bathroom sink ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there ! The hot water valve to the sink leaks a bit and I want to change it before I start painting. I know I have to close the main valve but what do I do with the hot water tank ? Do I shut it off or empty it and if so how I do I go about filling it again ? :confused: Thanks to whoever...

Heard a big water pipe bang when open hot water faucet [ 11 Answers ]

Can somebody help me out for the water pipe banging? Just recently, I found something very strange from water pipe in my home - big water pipe banging. Sometimes, there is big water pipe banging in my house even no body opens any faucet, no toilet flush, no washing machine running, etc. It...

View more questions Search