Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethbarbier Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Painting technique
    I am painting the wall in my livingroom and would like that sort of streaked mexican unfinished look. How do I do this?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Good paint stores can show you faux finishes. Basically you paint the wall the base/primary color. Later you come back and streak with a glaze finish. A rag, brush or even a crumpled plastic bag can be used to create some neat designs.
    Jamie88 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2007, 02:50 PM
    I just did this in 2 of my rooms myself- paint the wall a lighter solid color then use a glaze with a darker color mix it 4 parts glaze 1 part paint (or what ever your glaze bottle tells you) then take a brush and put a bunch of x's on the wall and take a rag and swish it around- do it in 4x4 sections so the paint won't dry
    Hope this helps- something else you might want to try is use joint compound and paint it it will give you that spanish stucco look

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair cutting technique [ 1 Answers ]

There is a hair cutting technique called DISCONNECTED LAYERING. What is the definition of disconnected layers, and how are they cut?

Up-to-date technique from virus prtoection [ 2 Answers ]

What is the most up-to-date technique to protect computer from Virus

Drywall corner technique [ 6 Answers ]

Well, I am progressing with my seemingly endless bathroom remodel and have a few drywll/mudding questions: 1) What are some techniques for neatly mudding and sanding the top ceiling corners where the 2 walls and ceiling meet? I have a corner sponge which is great for the long 2 wall corners but...

What's the meaning of Slide Windowing Technique? [ 0 Answers ]

Dear, Just not quite understand , what's mean by "Slide Windowing Technique" in network protocol, any relations with X.25 WAN? And how this technique can address network problems especially on network delay and bandwidth utilization? Also, can this technique overcome the flow control and...

View more questions Search