Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah Tanoski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 04:37 PM
    Should I text my ex boyfriend a birthday wish?
    Should I text my ex boyfriend a birthday wish? When we first got to know each other he was my everlasting crush till something happened and we had this huge fight. There wasn’t anything between us yet. But I liked him anyway even though we stopped talking for 4 months. Then later on my birthday he sent me a long cute birthday wish out of nowhere. Then we started talking and we fell in love with each other.

I care for him a lot and love him so much but later through the relationship we had our ups and downs. Then we had a very long break afterwards for the sake of family issues and this trust problem (like he told me a secret about my friend and I told her. Even though I wasn’t meant to but it made him go cut). Then he came back and asked me out again. I didn’t give him a reply but afterwards I asked him to delete my number. He got upset for that but appreciated what I was going through. Now the last time we’ve spoken was a month ago, and his birthdays up in a month.

Should I send him a birthday wish? If yes any recommendations?

Thank U xx
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 05:13 PM
    What do you hope to come of this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 06:33 PM
    NO, you need to stop all contact and start moving on with your life,

Jul 8, 2012, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    What do you hope to come of this?
    I honestly want to be someone who was so close to him... I just want him to see me as a changed person and let him feel that I'll always be their for him... because he is always running through my mind, and at least I want him to have a good impression of me because at the end of the day Im in year 12 and I see him at one of my classes every Thursdays this year ends in a couple of months an I do not want to loose contact.. I want him to smile at me as the times where we had a crush on each other after all it all started from his Birthday wishes to me
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Then he came back and asked me out again. I didn't give him a reply but afterwards I asked him to delete my number. He got upset for that but appreciated what I was going through.
    You want him to chase you, and since he isn't, you want him more. You see him every day and you desire his attention. So this whole birthday thing is an opportunity to light the fire again right?

But why did you cut the contact in the first place?

Jul 8, 2012, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You want him to chase you, and since he isn't, you want him more. You see him every day and you desire his attention. So this whole birthday thing is an opportunity to light the fire again right?

But why did you cut the contact in the first place?
    No I honestly don't look at it that way... our fire became to fade away, as in U noe we started talking less, and every time we did wed fight over anything... I said Id give it a break and when we did get back it just wasn't the same he started acting like he really wanted me and at the same time get me jelouse and our converstiins would just die out so easily... maybe because we loved each other too much and the smallest things will irritate us or became too sensible.. I asked him to delete my number because at one point I had enough couldn't handle it too much pressure from the outer world then bam he come out and makes me feel bad... All I want is what I asked from the previose coment through a Birthday Wish
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:07 AM
    So, it is clear, no more messaging, you need to even consider why you wanted to do this anyway, You need to stop and break contacting him to allow yourself time to heal and move on
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 07:09 AM
    He's your "ex" for a reason. Don't try to dredge up old feelings, just let it go.

Jul 8, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So, it is clear, no more messaging, you need to even consider why you wanted to do this anyway, You need to stop and break contacting him to allow yourself time to heal and move on
    Thank U... I would take Ur advice it means a lot though. Not even a birthday message dor the sake ofhimbeing my Classmate ?

Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    He's your "ex" for a reason. Don't try to dredge up old feelings, just let it go.
    His also my classmate but ? I shouldn't yeah U do have a point though
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 08:06 AM
    Let this go. No text, no nothing. You have not communicated in a month. No point in starting this up again
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 10:14 AM
    One of the hardest lessons to learn is to let go, and get beyond those past feelings and situations. Ignoring his birthday is the start of that process, so healing can begin.

Forget him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I text my ex boyfriend saying happy birthday? [ 7 Answers ]

We break up 3 months ago... On christmas I sent him a message : merry christmas:) he texted me back : merry christmas:D... Should I text him for his birthday?

What should I get my boyfriend for his birthday? [ 2 Answers ]

My Boyfriends birthday is in 2 days, and I have NO CLUE what to get him. He's 16, likes baseball but has every redsox thing and he says he doesn't want anything but I'm going to get him something anyway I'm going shopping today so please help me!

What should I get my boyfriend for his birthday? [ 4 Answers ]

He and I have been going out for 6 months this wednesday and he is the most amazing guy ever. He is a year younger than me but hey, age is only a number. But his birthday is on the 29th of this month and I have NO CLUE what to get him and he won't tell me anything except that he wants to see me. I...

Birthday Cell Phone ! & text messaging [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My parents said I can get a cell phone for my birthday, and all my friends have text messaging too. I also want texting but I'm not sure how much it costs. I have t-mobile and its Family Plan 1000 minutes. I was wondering how much it would cost for just ME <---- having texting ( cause my...

I have one chance, one text message, on his birthday to win him back. What do I say [ 25 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I have been through a lot. We broke up 8 months ago, didn't talk for a while, and then started talking again. Then on new years this year I went to Montreal with my friends, and one of my friends stayed home. She ended up hooking up with him, and everyone got mad at them. I was...

View more questions Search