Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenscole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Homework--word problem
    A crater has a diameter of a little more than 1/2 mile. If u walk around the rim at a rate of 2 miles per hour, how long will it take to walk all the way around? Find answer to nearest tenth. Use 3.14 for pie.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 06:37 PM
    diameter times pi = circumference

circumference divided by 2 (miles per hour) = time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure how to solve this problem for my homework. [ 0 Answers ]

SupperOffice Company expects its November Sales to be 20% higher than its Octobers sales of $180,000. Purchases were $110,000 in October and are expected to be $160,000 in November. All sales are collected on credit and are collected as follows: 30% in the month of the sale and 60% in the following...

Math homework word problem help needed. [ 0 Answers ]

Moe's parents are refurnishing the house. They purchase a living room set for $4,000. After making payments for 5 years, Moe's parents will have paid a total of $5,700. What is the interest rate on their loan?

I need help with an Accounting homework problem [ 1 Answers ]

Company begins the month of March with $17,000 of work in process costs from Job 324. Information from job cost sheets shows the following additional costs assigned during March, April, and May of 2008: Manufacturing Costs Assigned Job No. March April May 324 $26,000...

Need help with this homework problem [ 1 Answers ]

Griffin Inc has authorized 500,000 shares of 10%, $10 par value, cumulative preferred stock. There were 100,000 shares issued and outstanding at all times during 2010. The firm also has authorized 5 million shares of $1 common stock, with 4 million shares issued and outstanding. On January...

Homework problem [ 2 Answers ]

Here is a homework question for my 11 year nephew " A father is 4 times as old as his son. In 6 years time he will be only 3 times as old. How old is each of them.

View more questions Search