Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwop Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Jul 7, 2012, 03:07 PM
    No service records for a used 2007 scooter 4 sale?
    I am considering buying a 2007 Vespa Piaggio GTS 250 esthetically in like new conditions, clean title, and with only 1000 miles on it.
    http://apps.auction123.com/ImageView...95&sID=0&pic=1

When I ran the VIM number the only record listed was when the first and only owner bought it and moved it to a different location.. . there are no accident or service records, not even for routine maintenance. It was basically used for 1100 miles and then stored for 4 yrs.

Usually a clean history is a good sign, but I wonder if the lack of routine maintenance may have actually damaged the new engine. I will be meeting the owner tomorrow and was hoping this Forum could suggest a list of questions or concerns I should clarify with the owner before putting any money down for the scooter. Any suggestions?
    gwop Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2013, 08:48 AM
    I ended up buying the Vespa and couldn't have been happier about it.. . It's proven to be one of the best purchases I've ever made :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to record sale of merchandise on account, in the seller's records: [ 6 Answers ]

Increase assets and increase expenses. Increase assets and decrease liabilities. Increase assets and increase paid-in capital. Increase assets and decrease revenues.

Electric Scooter Laws [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know about Electric Scooter laws? Can you ride them on the sidewalk? Do they need to be registered? Can you get a ticket? Thanks.

Your cell phone records, for sale.. [ 1 Answers ]

What ever happen to privacy?? Link: http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2006/01/for_sale_your_p.html

View more questions Search