Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harmony_seadog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Clutch in, transmission not disengaging
    I have a 2004 Harley Sporter 1200 custom. When the clutch is pulled in, transmission won't disengage. I have done a clutch adjustment, helps but doesn't resolve my issue. Any help out there?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2012, 07:47 AM
    It may not be dissengaging, If Hydraulic, it may need bleeding.
    If cable, try more tension.
    Try rocking bike back and forth while working shift lever, with clutch pulled in.
    PeterHD13 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Have you checked the adjustment at the clutch removing the derby cover. If the adjuster is too far out the clutch rod won't engage with enough length to separate the plates. Missing clutch rod parts or a bent clutch rod could do this as well. Dirty primary oil can cause sticky plates which makes finding neutral hard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad transmission or clutch issue? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my 92 geo prizm 5spd manual, I could use some advice from someone knowledgeble about manuals. Thanks in advance for any light you could shed. Ok it goes like this: 1. DURING cranking, in Neutral, the car races forward as if in gear and it will only stop rolling if I push in...

Honda Harmony 1011 Clutch or Transmission [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Honda Harmony 1011 that recently just stopped moving but the engine is still running. The drive belt and blade belt are fine. The brakes stopped working about a month before that then tt started making a noise and just stopped. I was told that it was probably something with the clutch...

Transmission overdrive clutch stuck in lockout position [ 1 Answers ]

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora My check engine light is on and the code is for the overdrive clutch stuck in the lockout position. Of course my miles per gallon has dropped off as a result. Is this a simple selenoid replacement outside the transmission or is it a teardown/overhaul? Thanks in advance for...

Clutch use in manual transmission car [ 1 Answers ]

When I am driving on a busy city traffic slowly at about 15-20 kms/hr in 2nd gear and I realize I have to slow down / stop . I can take off my foot from accelerator, and 1. Fully press the clutch. As speed decreases, car will gradually stop (and I may apply break to bring is to complete rest...

John Deere Model 160 Lawn Tractor Clutch and/or Transmission Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Either my clutch needs to be adjusted or my transmission is shot. I looked at the clutch assembly for about an hour but could discover no way to try adjusting it. How do I determine if it's the clutch adjustment or the transmission.

View more questions Search