Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    someonethere Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2012, 07:12 AM
    I met up with my ex girfriend and somehow "love you's" were exchanged.
    So a few days ago I received a friend request on Facebook from an ex girl friend of mine from about 5 years ago. I was adamant about adding her but I accepted. We started sending messages back and forth exchanged numbers and were talking lately. (wonderful world of social media)

The other night we decided we would hang out for a bit and grab a few drinks - we are both single so there was no real conflict of interest here but... when we were together we were in love with each other, we were with each other for a little over 2 years.

We broke up because of a mutual agreement it wasn't a bad one but I disappeared pretty much too. I enlisted in the Army I moved out of state for a little bit afterwards and then I just kind of have come back to where I used to live and started over.

We hung out and went back to my place afterwards and was just talking - then all of a sudden I'm not sure how this happened but we started talking about "remember whens..." then next - somehow came out from both of us that we still love each other and we ended up lying down in the same bed together - no sex but just cuddled and talked. We kissed at one point and - I have no idea what it was that I felt when I kissed her on the lips again for the first few years but both of us agreed it was just like before - it all kind of came back.

I'm wondering if this is even possible? Hah I mean my emotions usually don't cloud my judgement but they definitely are right now.
    Makinmoves Posts: 2, Reputation: 5

Jul 7, 2012, 11:12 AM
    That's amazing. Sounds like you two found your way back to each other.

Just remember not to expect exactly the same thing as you used to have the years before as you both have changed individually. But that doesn't means you can't have a better, more fruitful relationship. I truly hope it works out for you both.
    rocketman11 Posts: 46, Reputation: 28

Jul 7, 2012, 12:09 PM
    All I recommend is that you two take things slowly and get to know each other again before you rush into a relationship again. I often advise people never to have another relationship with an ex girlfriend, but the circumstances are quite unique and I think things could work out for the best with you two, only if you two decide that it is the right thing to do.

I would like to suggest that you refrain frrom any sexual activities for the moment so you two can work out whether this relationship will be healthy and based on love and not lust.

I wish you all the best :)
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Jul 7, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Welcome to this wonderful site, first!

Avoid sex for the time being and get into the relationship slowly. Remember - slow and steady (you can) win the race. Right?

Also click at HELPFUL to appreicate the feedback given by the posters. Like Rcoketman deserves a greenie, and also click at HELPFUL to the posts which helped you. This is the way we appreciate the posters on AMHD. I hope slowly you will get used to it, once you start using AMHD regularly.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 03:28 PM
    Well you know for sure the lust and interest has easily been rekindled. Date and enjoy finding out about the changes you have both made, and see where it goes. No hurry, just keep it real, and eyes wide open.

The next few months are going to be telling if you pay attention, and don't get carried away by the LUST!!
    someonethere Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Thank you for the posts everyone - the best part about worrying about lust. Our relationship was never sexual based. I would go into further details but I will say it was never sexually based which I also find something that's amazing.

I won't lie I've been in relationships that are purely sexual based but only time will tell like everyone said on here.

I really am hoping that like the first poster said how we found our way back to each other.

Only time will tell. :) Thank you for some good responses.
    s1y1n1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 08:15 PM
    How'd it go, fella?
    stanmatt Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Sep 9, 2012, 05:53 PM
    How old are you both?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men say "I can't say I love you" or "I can't show you I do care"? [ 7 Answers ]

I am seeing a guy who is 39 and I am 30. He has been in and out of many relationships- even married but didn't love her and divorced. We have been together for 7 months and I do care greatly about him and even almost slipped out "i love you', when I asked him how he would have felt if I said it, he...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

Is my girfriend "Bipolar" or am I an Idiot! [ 2 Answers ]

I have posted the whole story between my ex-girl and I. So if you are interested, read it and this will make more sense. Jolienoire you do not have to respond since you may have seen this already. Here is the new situation: After asking my ex if there was anything more going on between her...

View more questions Search