Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2012linber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 03:47 AM
    Advice on my blood oxygen level
    I recently had day surgery under local anesthestic, whilst they monitored my blood oxygen levels they were concerned that they never rose above 72 and they seemed to stay at around 65/69, should I see my own GP for this, is this something I should be worried about
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 03:58 AM
    Yes I think you should see your GP, but when meeting with your surgeon, he didn't mention this is beyond me. Did you meet with your surgeon for a follow up, you didn't say what the surgery was for.

Low oxygen in the blood, and yours is low, can at at times signify congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or asthma, any other chronic breathing abnormalities. This is not saying this is your problem, these are general guidelines for low oxygen levels. Normal is 95 to l00.

I mention these are general guidelines for low oxygen guidelines because we cannot diagnose on AMHD.

Of course, age and smoking, and a host of other habits can determine the cause.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 03:58 AM
    Yes I am surprised they continued with it that low. You need to see your doctor. The level should be above 90. At that level perhaps you misunderstood the reading, since I would have thought they would have make it clear how dangerous this level could be.

Low Oxygen Levels: How Low is Too Low and Should You Worry? : Heart Failure Solutions

What Is a Normal Resting Blood Oxygen Level? | 3FC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce blood urea level [ 1 Answers ]

An old age person age 80 have increased levels of blood urea with 107 and body is swollen doctor say it as edema.Can I know the exact treatment?

Blood oxygen levels [ 10 Answers ]

If a mothers blood oxygen level is low how does this affect my growing baby? I'm currently 91/2 weeks pregnant and sometimes when I check my levels they are at 85 sometimes 90. It never stays there very long but I'm worried as I've had 2 previous MC. I also have anxiety with heart palpitations and...

Low oxygen level [ 1 Answers ]

Is a oxygen level of 89% to low for a 1year old child

How to lower creatitine level in blood its 8.0 [ 2 Answers ]

Creatitine level has increased so much much it reached up to 8.0 please any one can suggest me something.. plzz something effective

Blood cretinine level 3.4 [ 1 Answers ]

The blood creatinine level of my mother aged 65 is 3.4 .she is also hypertensive but she has no symptoms of kidney problem how serious is the problem and how to proceed with the treatment

View more questions Search