Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyestothesky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 08:49 PM
    "On a Break" With my Girlfriend; What Can/Can't I do?
    My girlfriend recently decided that she wants to take a break so she can "make sure she can stand on her own two feet when she's single". She insists we're not broken up, just on a break; whatever that may mean. But I'm not sure what to do in terms of talking to her. She says she needs space, so I don't know how often I should call her, or if I should call at all. Today, I forgot we were on a break and I went to the boardwalk, someplace we frequently would visit during the summer, and I sent her a text saying I missed her today (we're in a long-distance relationship so we'd often say things like this to one another). Was that a bad move? Should I apologize?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eyestothesky View Post
    My girlfriend recently decided that she wants to take a break so she can "make sure she can stand on her own two feet when she's single". She insists we're not broken up, just on a break; whatever that may mean. But I'm not sure what to do in terms of talking to her. She says she needs space, so I don't know how often I should call her, or if I should call at all. Today, I forgot we were on a break and I went to the boardwalk, someplace we frequently would visit during the summer, and I sent her a text saying I missed her today (we're in a long-distance relationship so we'd often say things like this to one another). Was that a bad move? Should I apologize?
    She wants to fool around with someone else... thats girl code for it she gave you.

If I was you I'd give her all the space in the world... and go looking for one that doesn't need so much of it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 08:53 PM
    If you aren't sure what you can or cannot do, you need to ask her.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 08:56 PM
    If you aren't sure what to do, I can promise you that whatever you do will be wrong in her eyes. Either break up or stay together, there is no in between.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants to break up to "Experience College" [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'll give you the story: I've been dating this girl for 6 months. We are just graduating high school and she is going to college 11 hours away from me. She is rather wealthy and will be spending most of the summer abroad on shopping trips, so we won't see each other much this summer. ...

My girlfriend just asked me for "break" [ 15 Answers ]

Threads merged My girlfriend just asked me for "break" as well. She is a very dreamy person to begin with, she always talked about how our relationship puts in in the "dreamland". The relationship is very long distance (11000 miles). She is 29, she is been talking about marriage, and her own...

Should I stay with my 3+ years girlfriend after the "break"? [ 3 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I have been in a relationship for a while. The first year was great. Lots of the usual lovey-dovey stuff you see in movies and a lot you don't. I am her first boyfriend, but I have dated a little before her (one long-term in high school, a couple short ones later on). She is...

My Girlfriend of a year and a half.she wants a "break". [ 129 Answers ]

All right people. I'm feeling really down so I thought I'd come here to tell you my story and maybe get a bit of advice.. I've been going out with my girlfriend for a year and a half.. she's 15 and I'm 16. Our relationship had everything, we went to each other's house nearly every day, we went...

View more questions Search