Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abollinger333 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Can my cat still be pregnant?
    I took in a stray cat sometime towards the end of April. July 5 she gave birth to 1 kitten. She still appears to be pregnant as the swelling that made it obvious she was pregnant is still apparent. Before anyone decides to be rude, yes I've called my local vet and due to the holiday they are closed until Monday, and no local er vet. Momma cat is eating, using litter box everything normal except she is still very vocal as when in labor. She also leaves the nesting box for extended periods still wanting to be by my side always. I have to make her lay and nurse the one kitten so I don't cause it any harm by bottle feeding. This is her 1st litter/pregnancy I assume. Is any of this normal? She still looks very young around 1 or younger. Again for anyone that doesn't want to be helpful, she was already pregnant when I got her and did not want to terminate the pregnancy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Today is Friday. If she still has kittens inside her and they stay there until Monday, there is a good chance she will be dead by then.

Jul 6, 2012, 08:02 PM
    I have been reading some other answered questions similar to mine and the answers have varied. Some say it's normal others say the cat is as good as dead. There's not much I can do until Monday. I don't know that there are anymore kittens.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Mom cats can delay labor for as much as 24 hours. She may still have more kittens, but if they are stuck, I'll be surprised if she is doing well or still alive by Monday.

Jul 6, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Let's say there is a problem, it's been 32 hrs and as of now she is still active, eating and everything else is as normal. I placed her on an old white towel to check for excessive bleeding about 10 minutes after she had the kitten, she delivered on a bag behind the couch in my sons room, kitten rolled off and under couch so I had to step in and help, there are a few bloody spots but nothing that warrants worry. If there is something else going on what are signs to look for, what should her temp be? I'm just stuck waiting it out and have no other choice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 10:13 PM
    If she is comfortable and nursing the kitten and eating and drinking, etc. it sounds like she is okay, but I would definitely take her to a vet on Monday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think the cat outside is pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I brought her into our house and she was looking every where trying to get in small spaces. She was a tiny momma now she is pregnant and huge. I was wondering how I find out how far along she is. I don't have money for a vet and she is not my cat. But I don't want her to have them outside. She is...

How do I know if my cat is pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if my cat is pregnant though she's a q

Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat) [ 7 Answers ]

My kitty is pregnant ,kittens in like 2 weeks.. the male cat just hangs at my house stalking her,it seems like she doesn't like him anymore.why is he back now that she's not in heat? He won't leave.i don't no anything about cats ,please help..

Pregnant cat? [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 2 year old cat that I caught mating with my nieghbors cat I think she is pregnant. It has been a month and three weeks since then and her nipples became large and deep pink but she does not show in her stomach at all :confused: . She eats three times more than she did before and became very...

I think my cat is pregnant. [ 16 Answers ]

What are the signs for a cat being pregnant? Mitzi has been very affectionate of late which is not like he at all - her beely has grown enormous and she is eating more than normal. She lloks rather unhappy and does not really now what to do with herself most days. She is not even 1yrs old...

View more questions Search