Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mick74 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 06:04 PM
    How do I repair the bottom of sliding closet door? Bottom attachment caved in.
    Our sliding closet door is hollow inside. One of the bottom pegs caved in. The door does not stay on track. What is best way to fix it? Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Make a wood block that is the size you need and epoxy it into the door cavity. I use 5 minute epoxy for almost all door repairs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing bi-fold closet doors with bottom track - carpet [ 5 Answers ]

New KingStar brand bi-fold closet doors are being installed in 2 of our closets. The new bi-fold doors are mirrored and have a bottom track. The previous bi-fold doors did not have the bottom track and the rooms are carpeted in 2 bedroom sized renovated basement rooms. (see pdf with photos) ...

How do I get the sliding doors on my pole barn from freezing at the bottom [ 0 Answers ]

We just built a pole barn with sliding doors and the melting snow and freezing rain fills up the bottom where the doors slide and has frozen them . How do we get them thawed out and prevent this from happening again?

How do I prevent frost from forming on the inside bottom track of my sliding door [ 2 Answers ]

We have three Jeld-Wen sliding patio doors. They are two years old. We have frost that forms on the bottom track. How do we prevent this? Or are the doors faulty? Thanks! Jerri

Patio sliding door leaking from bottom at sill [ 3 Answers ]

Sliding padio door leaking at the bottom , water leaking on flooor beneath carpet into wood floor then into ceiling of living room below it causing damage to ceiling .

Can I repair the bottom inch of 4 panel door frame? [ 3 Answers ]

I was given a prehung door unit. Two 24" framed glass doors meeting in the center with a 24" fixed glass door panel on each side. A total of 8 foot wide for use in my backyard office. The doors are excellent. But looking at the pre-hung part, the bottom plate and 1/2 - 1 inch of the door frame is...

View more questions Search