Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HONEY CHILD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 08:36 AM
    10 Days Late
    Hi, I need some advice, I'm 23 and I am trying for my second child.
    My last period was on 20th Jan and I have not had one since, my periods always start on or around the 2oth. I have taken 3 HPT and they have all been negative. I am getting a dull pain in my stomach (lower) and sometimes feel a little sick but feeling sick in not that unusual. I still have what feels like period cramps - anyway I called NHS who told me ro go straight to myGP - I called GP who more or less laughed at me and told me to contact them again in another month Am I pregnant?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
    You could very well be pregnant. But you could also just be late, or even completely missed it for this month. Not uncommon. If you Gp just laughed at you and didn't take you seriously, perhaps it is time to get a second opinion, or an all together new doctor. They are working for you, and as such need to take your concerns seriously. As for the testing, you can get a blood test done at the hospital. Its not much more expensive then an hpt and is more accurate. However, qualatative blood tests(while being stronger then an hpt) only give neg/pos answers. If you want to know the exact amount of hcg in your system you will need to get a doctor ordered quantative blood test(a little more expensive and takes a little longer to process, but is the most accurate test) your doc can also give you an exam and look for more defining signs of pregnancy. Good luck.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 3, 2007, 07:28 AM
    As buggage says, I think it is time to change your doctor, it is very unprofessional to laugh at a patient, for any reason. See another doctor and ask for a pregnancy blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

I am 7 days late [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is tara And I am upset because I am not streed And I am 7 days late for my p word And my last p word was on the 20 auges 2006 And my nippe end are going brown and I fell sick and sleepy all the time And my homoren are all other the place Please can you help me and I am...

I'm 5 days late [ 12 Answers ]

Hi there I am 5 days late now (35days) and i done a preg test this morning and got a BFN :( Thats a result i didnt want to see !! So now i am feeling rather low about the result !! :( :( I'm all bloated too, Im getting like tiny mild cramps !! My jeans are getting abit tight too !! ...

3 days late [ 4 Answers ]

Well i am 3 days late and i done a pregnancy test yesterday afternoon i think i done the test way too early :confused: !! Me & my DP saw a really really faint line but not too sure as i have been getting slight tummy pains :( !! The longest i have gone with my period is 34 days !! I have in...

3 days late [ 3 Answers ]

My period was due 1/26 and it didn't come. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 28th. When I wope up the next day I was bleeding am I pregnant?

View more questions Search