Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The Champ Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2012, 02:11 PM
    Magic forest movie title
    I've been looking for a certain animated movie I once saw as a child. I can't remember most of the character, but I will provide what I remember. The protagonists I don't remember much aout. They were small, much smaller than humans. Perhaps they wer pixies or sometthing like that. I do remember the antagonish fairly well though. I can't really remember what its name was but it was definitely some kind of monster. It was some kind of black tar creature (just imagine pollution come to life). It was ancient, evil, and it was locked away in some sort of tree using magic. It was able to be freed with the help of two humans who use a machine that chops trees down. I distinctly remember the tree having some kind of red spraypaint painted on it in an "X" fashion. The setting is some kind of magic forest. Wherever it was, it had a lot of trees. I also remember that later in the movie one of the protagonists (who I believe was female) was in the two humans machine trying to stop the monster. Unfortunately, that is really all I can remember. If you know the title of this movie I would be really happy if you would share it, or if you know the movie I'm talking about and can't remember the name, please add what you can remember from it to help others try to answer. Thank you.
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Jul 6, 2012, 02:24 PM
    That sounds like Fern Gully, but it's been a LONG LONG time since I've seen it. I think it was actually a smoke monster, but yeah, pollution come to life is exactly it.

Maybe? Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest

If not, good luck, hope you figure it out... that can be so maddening.

~tmk

Jul 6, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by themisfitkitten View Post
    That sounds like Fern Gully, but it's been a LONG LONG time since I've seen it. I think it was actually a smoke monster, but yeah, pollution come to life is exactly it.

Maybe? Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest

If not, good luck, hope you figure it out... that can be so maddening.

~tmk
    Omg Thank you! That is it. I know because when I looked up the movie I clicked on images and I saw the red x on the tree bark. I've been looking for this movie's tital for about two months now. I only saw it once when I was like 8 or 9. Anyway, thanks again!

Jul 6, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
    Omg Thank you! That is it. I know because when I looked up the movie i clicked on images and i saw the red x on the tree bark. I've been looking for this movie's tital for about two months now. I only saw it once when I was like 8 or 9. Anyway, thanks again!
    Lol... it's funny timing because I've been married to my hubby for 8 years and maybe last week was the first time I mentioned that it was a really good movie. If you have Netflix, I'm 99% sure it's available to watch instantly. So glad I was able to help, though!! :D

~tmk

Jul 6, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Thanks. I finished watching it a couple minutes ago. It was great if not better than I remembered (dont have Netflix but I found it somewhere else). I completely forgot the character Batty so that was a fun experience. Also, you and I were both right on Hexxes's (the antagonists) form. He was some sort of glob-thing as soon as he got out of the tree. As soon as he started his song was when he began to be a smoke monster. He was a smoke monster for most of the film until the machine was stopped and he turned into the glob-thing again but this time he was on fire and skeleton shaped. Then the fairys beat him. Great movie :)

Jul 6, 2012, 05:09 PM
    You've totally got me in the mood to watch it again! I saw it lots of times as a kid. I definitely remember Batty and his song ("they used and abused me, battered and bruised me, red wires, green wires, stuck 'em right through me!"). And NOW I remember about Hexxes' forms, he was pretty gross overall. Again, so happy to help, and thanks for prompting me to watch it too. ;)

~tmk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A children's movie about a magic forest [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I have been looking for this movie for a while, and I cannot seem to get it right. It's a children's movie that is animated, but the two main characters, who are two young girls, are live action. They are in this animated forest, and first come across a frog, who's feet are stuck in ice....

1980s/1990s animated movie about a magic forest/paintbrush [ 2 Answers ]

There was this animated film shown occasionally on either Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon (I'm not sure which) in the late 80s/early 90s that involved a male protagonist with black hair and what I remember as either a magical painter's palette or paintbrush and a magical forest. For the life of me...

What is the title of a movie where the main character lives in a forest? [ 0 Answers ]

Physical appearance of the main character of the said movie is an old man having a white beard. One of his treat is, he is a voracious reader.

Trying to find the title of a movie where a woman kidnaps a man in a wintry forest [ 3 Answers ]

Famous writer of some sort is headed out into the winter forest, possibly his get away home. Not sure. Anyway this lady who is obsessed with him basically ends up kidnapping him. While detectives investigate his car they discover that in what seems to be a car accident he was pulled out of his car....

A movie about 2 kids in magic forest [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, I have been looking for this movie for a while, and I cannot seem to get it right. Its about one boy who running to school everyday, and then he mets one girl in neighbour. They will became very good friends, and they will find a magic forest, they will make house in that forset, but one day...

View more questions Search