Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilly701 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Relationships Jealousy Insecurity and understanding
    How can I believe my boyfriend, without hesitation?

I have been in a relationship for over a year, I found out that he has interest of being with another woman. I am a very jealous person and have compicated our ralationship even more. I need to know how I can get over him and not talk or text him again?
    teensportychick Posts: 192, Reputation: 15

Jul 1, 2012, 08:26 PM
    I don't know if you can just forget about him... it ill take time. But to start getting over him you need to try and find somebody new... then don't call him back or text him back... just coompletely drop him from your life... if you really want to
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 05:59 AM
    You really need to elaborate more.

What you have said so far, is impossible to answer.

Jul 5, 2012, 11:21 AM
    It's hard since I fell in love. I am trying. But till this day he still say his not interested of being with her. But, I know for a fact he is. And he still deny it. I need help!!

His told time time again, how his not dating HER. I would like to believe what he tells. But, my heart says not to. I honestly never ever fall for anyone. Like I have with him. He used to be amazing and giving me all the attention, that a couple in a relationship needs. But, lately I am the one left wondering if what he tells me is TRUE? I want to, since he knows I would settle for what he tells me. He knows I deeply care about him. I think that's where it boils down into. His keeping me around to have a good intimate time, that he is not getting from HER. I can tell you one thing SHE IS NOT the person he expects her to be. I would have been , but he lost all of that. Especially when he started lying to me in which his never than, In a the first 8 months I was with him. I believe all that he tells me. Because I love him. He is losing me, every single day goes bye. Not from seeing him but, from all his effort to make me believe, what he tells me. I spoke to him tonight, I can feel in my heart his with someone. LOVE HURTS! By then it's to late for him to be with me. One thing I will say, I will not share the man I am in-love with anyone. Thank you for reading my horrible experience for the past 3 months. I can forgive but, will never ever again forget... NOT A FAT CHANCE! Unless a lot of BEGGING. As well as my DEMANDS with the relationship.

Coping with respect and, moving on to a new
    It's hard to accept the break up,when your in love. Should I give a friend a chance? Should I believe that what he says, is the opposite rather than the truth? I will sleep with another man just to hurt him back. And once that is done there's no coming back... (:

How do i overcome a year relationship

No more fears?? Looking for a better solutions
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2012, 02:28 AM
    Fears about what, getting over grief, starting over, what? Better solutions than what? Please tell us more or we are shooting in the dark.

Jul 6, 2012, 03:10 AM
    Move on and forget what happen. He was not meant to be with, if he would say what I wanted to hear. Close this book, and open a new one.

I wonder if he cares any?

Just wondering why won't he tell truth? I wonder what his afraid of? I want to believe him, but to jealouse to give him a chance. Why do I feel like he is dating someone else?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilly701 View Post
    Just wondering why won't he tell truth? I wonder what his afraid of? I want to believe him, but to jealouse to give him a chance. Why do I feel like he is dating someone else?
    Let me tell you something as a man that's been around...

Several traits in a woman will make me get up and walk away...

Jealousy... and being accused of things without proof. And being accused of telling lies.

Way too many females walking the earth to put up with one that does that.

So your behaviour is likely driving him away little by little and feeding into the paranoia and jealosy that started it.

Jul 6, 2012, 11:57 AM
    I wonder if he cares any?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 11:59 AM
    I don't even know what you're talking about.

Who? Why do you think he's afraid? Why do you think he's dating someone?

What?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Because you are insecure and lack self esteem. Be single, work on your problems, seek professional help if you can't seem to overcome these feelings of jealousy, and then you can find someone who you can try to be with.

Jul 6, 2012, 05:52 PM
    I thank you for your opinion! But, I don't have an insecurity problem. I do have a problem with him, making excuse to not get me upset. I may only know him for a year but, I know how we are and how he feels. Not just in bed, but emotionally getting involve with me. Miss him so much. Especially when we hold hands and look at each other with honestly. I love his eyes, I can look right through him.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 05:59 PM
    I thank you for your opinion! But, I don't have an insecurity problem. I do have a problem with him, making excuse to not get me upset. I may only know him for a year but, I know how we are and how he feels. Not just in bed, but emotionally getting involve with me. Miss him so much. Especially when we hold hands and look at each other with honestly. I love his eyes, I can look right through him.

My vote is that you can't look right through him through his eyes or you wouldn't be here, asking about him.

How old are you?
    Bella mummy Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2012, 07:11 PM
    His broken your trust and it may be that you won't rver trust him

Jul 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
    I found this site not to long ago? Kind of like it? Lots of gossip and very insecure people in here. Not to mention a few that is similar to my baby's , or deal, with his ex leaving for another man.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 08:08 PM
    How can I believe my boyfriend, without hesitation?

I have been in a relationship for over a year, I found out that he has interest of being with another woman. I am a very jealous person and have compicated our ralationship even more. I need to know how I can get over him and not talk or text him again?
    First... speaking as a man here... a married one

There isn't a breathing man alive that isn't interested in being with another woman... wanting it and actively trying to get it however are not the same thing. It's a choice.

Jealousy IS a form of insecurity... one that's not attractive to most men.

Also accuse him of things without proof... and you are going to ruin the relationship eventually when he gets tired of hearing it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 08:16 PM
    If you know he wants some one else then you leave him alone and stop this fantasy. And no need to start other threads about the same thing. Thats so confusing,and your posts are confusing enough with random musing all over the place.

Feelings with very little relevant information. This isn't a chat site, or blog, so give all the facts please like your ages, and how you found out he wants some one else, or why you don't believe him when he says he doesn't?

Facts, and information would help us help you, if indeed that's what you want.

All your threads have been merged.

Jul 26, 2012, 12:08 AM
    He says I am his girlfriend and his not dating anyone else but me. Should I let go? And, see where this takes us.

I am in love with him. And, would like to believe what he says. Been doing better in our relationship, starting to be patient and learn not to anymore question

Quote Originally Posted by teensportychick View Post
    I dont know if you can just forget about him....it ill take time. but to start getting over him you need to try and find somebody new....then dont call him back or text him back....just coompletely drop him from your life....if you really want to
    Iwant to. But I don't know how. I text him tonight and said we need space to make our relationship grow.
    current pert

Jul 26, 2012, 01:15 AM
    Lilly, I still don't read one shred of evidence of what you suspect.
    It's good to spend time away from him. But this phrase 'space to make our relationship grow' is hogwash, sorry. Neither party in a relationship gets to announce what will make it grow. You need space to get over him. But you might also need space to find out more about yourself. We still don't know if your fears have any basis in fact or if you are just a very jealous person. Jealousy is a poison that destroys everyone involved. Either trust him or leave him.

Jul 26, 2012, 01:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Lilly, I still don't read one shred of evidence of what you suspect.
    It's good to spend time away from him. But this phrase 'space to make our relationship grow' is hogwash, sorry. Neither party in a relationship gets to announce what will make it grow. You need space to get over him. But you might also need space to find out more about yourself. We still don't know if your fears have any basis in fact or if you are just a very jealous person. Jealousy is a poison that destroys everyone involved. Either trust him or leave him.
    I don't want to leave him. I am deeply in love with this guy. I want him to know that I really want to be with him, every day. But, his hesitant to be with me. Because of his pass relationship. His so smart, loving and very kind. He had change my life that's a good sign for me. Sometimes I feel not good enough for him. I am a very jealouse person. I don't have self esteem problem, since I know I can find a date without a problem. I would consider myself pretty enough to find a date. Lol. I am ready to be in a relationship doing what a girlfriend is suppose to do for her man. I find him very sexy. And sex is awesome. But, I want more and to be known his mine and I'm his one and only. Hope this helps, by giving him time to think, if he really wants to be with me. I am very affectionate love little notes and touching saying, that 3 meaningful words. I will do my best not to have any personal contact with him for a couple of week. I am going to wait if he does. If he doesn't, hope by then I am ready to date again. Thanks for your reply.
    current pert

Jul 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
    An hour ago you said you want to leave him but don't know how. Now you don't want to leave him.
    Anyway, I suppose all that is understandable when you are torn between the pain of leaving and the pain of jealousy. It's good that you will try to stay away for a while.
    Keep in mind that the jealousy problem will never go away, and can easily get worse as a relationship moves through it's various stages past the romance stage. Even if your absence makes him miss you and make promises of undying love to you only, there's no guarantee that will last.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealousy and Insecurity [ 5 Answers ]

I met my boyfriend when I was 18 and he was 22. It took no time at all for me to recognize just how amazing of a person he is. It was even a little intimidating at first. I have struggled with weight for most of my life and never really developed the self-esteem required to pursue men. This one, in...

Relationships jealousy, insecurity. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I help my partner to overcome his jealousy and insecurities?

Jealousy and Insecurity in relationships. [ 11 Answers ]

Hey dana here And I seriously need some advice.. Every relationship I've had has been plague by jealousy and insecurity. Overall I'm very confident in myself and in my looks.. but when in a relationship insecurity is there.. I've dated my boyfriend for about 1 year and we just broke up and its...

Relationships jealousy insecurity [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I need someone's help and advice over my jealousy/anxioty in my new relationship, I have just come out on a abusive violent and jealous relationship which lasted 4 years and vowed not to see another man for quite awhile anyway I unexpectedly got in another relationship it a wonderful man even...

Insecurity jealousy relationships [ 4 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend who complains about me looking at men in public places. It's not all men, it's men who he feels I might be attractive to. When we walk into a place and there are men, he doesn't look at them... He watches me at them. I think it's some insecurities issues. Help me to...

View more questions Search