Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemonlime Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 09:53 AM
    Fridge compressor won't restart
    Hey guys Samsung RB2155BB compressor still runs after fridge is satisfied, then shuts down and doesn't restart. Pull out plug and plug back in cycle starts again. Please assist thanks.
    johnathanflorea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 10:00 PM
    Put it on a powerstrip and toggle the switch a few times a day.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2012, 10:40 AM
    You need to explain this a little better. Are you saying that you are trying to restart it right after it shuts off? It has a safety to prevent this.

Jul 10, 2012, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by drtom4444 View Post
    You need to explain this a little better. Are you saying that you are trying to restart it right after it shuts off? It has a safety to prevent this.
    I know the fridge has been satisfied everything is good however compressor doesn't shut off until it overheats I guess I remember it being very hot to the touch
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2012, 08:29 PM
    I think I understand. Here are the manuals you need: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Sam...rigerators.zip
    The file "Samsung_refrig_SAM0075.pdf" may be the closest one to your model. I suspect that you either have a bad thermistor which will require you to test it with a good digital volt/ohm meter and the chart in the back of the book and a thermometer, digital would be best. Also, you need to run through the programming and testing portions. I have been doing refrigeration work for over 35 years and this one is way more complicated than a commercial unit. You could have a stuck relay, too. To test the different thermistors, look on page 80 and at the top left (before rotating page) you will see a white plug where you would measure between GND (2) and the different sensors at 3,4, 5, 7, and 8. You have to know the correct temp and use the chart to find the correct resistance (Ω - ohms). That seems to be the easiest way rather than going to each thermistor to test them. Make sure to check the condenser coils under the unit and see if they are dirty, too. Wash them out if they are.

Jan 7, 2013, 08:31 PM
    Now I reset the mainboard fridge runs and cycles for about eight hours or so then quits I have to unplug then replug to start cycle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge cools but compressor too hot [ 4 Answers ]

For a Sub-Zero 511: The compressors (both) are very hot and seem to run a lot. The freezer and fridge cool fine. I heard condenser fan noise last night. I am guessing that the condenser fan is starting to fail and that allows to compressors to get too hot. Does that make any sense? ...

When hot A/C compressor shuts off and will not restart [ 1 Answers ]

When the residential A/C unit runs for 15-30 minutes and the compressor is warmed up, the compressor shuts down. After a few minutes the compressor tries to restart but stops and goes into a cycle of trying to restart and failing. This unit is less than 1 year old!

Maytag fridge (MTB1956DEW) problem - freezer frosting up, fridge not staying cold [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maytag fridge with top freezer. The model # is MTB1956DEW. Over the last week, my freezer continuously frosts up with lost of crystal ice on the back and top while at the same time the fridge section below is not staying cold at all. I really like this fridge and really don't want to...

Compressor, hot, freezer cold, fridge warm [ 1 Answers ]

Fridgidaire 2000, compressor is hot, freezer is cold, but fridge is warm.

Heat pump outdoor fan runs not compressor voltage at compressor good. New compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new compressor. Just replaced fan runs compressor does not, have voltage at the compressor plug? What could stop from coming on high side and low side equal at 100psig.

View more questions Search