Jul 5, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Briggs stratton service manual
    Replace starter motor on briggs and stratton 18 hp
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmillerllanotx View Post
    replace starter motor on briggs and stratton 18 hp
    It's a lot of fun... you are supposed to remove the flywheel... but if you are careful it CAN be done without doing that.

I've done it twice on a 20hp which is essentially the same engine. What makes it difficult is the length of the bolts... with the flywheel in just the right position it can just barely be done. Don't know exactly how to describe it however...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16.5 HP briggs and stratton (model 313777) manual [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 16.5 HP briggs and Stratton (model 313777) in my tractor. The connecting rod broke and punched holes in the casing. I need to rebuild the engine. Does anyone know where I could get a good book to do this? It must contain specs of the motor and maybe step by step instructions on how to take...

Briggs and stratton 18.5 ohv intek service manual [ 1 Answers ]

The mower runs great and has 120# cranking compression.. After 3-5 minutes starts smoking.. hot or cold.. I thought oil ring. Just ask expert said no it's the intake valve seal.. replaced it and still smokes same.. breather and exhaust not pluged. I feel it has to be oil ring or cracked piston....

Briggs and stratton 18 hp ohv manual [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me out? I am putting a new cylinder head on my riding lawn mower and need the cylinder head bolt torque specs and torque pattern for a briggs & stratton 18 hp ohv. Model 31H777. Thanks

Briggs and stratton vanguard 16 hp manual [ 0 Answers ]

I have an argo with 16hp van horizontal,Put it away last fall, now no spark at the plug but if I put a screwdriver in the plugwire and hold it near ground I get a weak spark when turned over. Is my problem the coils or?

Briggs and stratton 6.5 hp engine manual [ 1 Answers ]

Have a briggs and stratton 6.5 lawnmower that idles irratic.It revs up then down the whole time it's on.Doesnt die out just inconsistent.I took the top off and the I can see the am movng back and forth as you would do if you were reving it.Weird.I can't figure out why or what is making it do...

View more questions Search