Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasminewoods Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 04:21 PM
    In an abusive situation can a mother take her kids to another state?
    Im currently in an abusive relationship and I need to get out but I have three kids?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2012, 07:42 PM
    OK, is the person who is abusive, is he the children's father ?

Is he on the birth certificate?

Are you married,

What state is it.

In general, you can "leave" but the other parent can file to have the children returned to the state to allow them visitation, Can even file for custody and to have children returned.

So you can leave, the issue is, can you stay in the other state or will you have to move back to that state.
    rbdrbd Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 08:50 PM
    Go to the police and tell them,they'll advise u with the right thing to do.. Im in the same situation and also have 3 kids.. good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I prevent the mother of my kids from taking them out of state on vacation. [ 1 Answers ]

In the process of divorce and we are still cohabitating until the divorce is final. We are going on vacation and I want definite dates in writing for the amount of time I will have the kids. If she does not want to sign a form and get it notorized can I prevent her from taking the kids on vacation?

How to deal with an abusive and bad situation with a psychopath/narcissist [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in a bad situation... I don't know who to turn to and no one will help out... im staying with my family... because they are renovating my house--they did it suddenly and sort of kicked me out. I had to go stay with them. They have been abusive to me the whole time.. its been a bad environment....

I have 2 kids my kids mother is deceased, we had no custody papers, can I get my kids [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I have not been together for over 5 years and I would send money and see my kids when I can they live in California, I live in Texas. 3 weeks ago my ex was killed and now my kids who are 5 and 4 are with their grandmother right now, can I go get my kids. My ex and I had no custody...

Abusive situation [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is 16 his mom drinks a lot and is abusive. He has no one else to turn to and is scared that he will end up dead, WHAT CAN CAN I DO OR TELL TELL HIM THAT HE CAN DO TO GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION THAT IS LEGAL AND SAFE:confused:

Visitation rights in an abusive situation [ 2 Answers ]

I was married to an abusive man, we separated when our son was three weeks old and divorced a few months later. My ex-husband has a long history of mental illness and is a drug addict. My ex-husband is currently in prison for agravated assault with a deadly weapon (He stabbed a woman in the...

View more questions Search