Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    All my texts in high school were supplied by the school and collected at the end of each class (for redistribution to a later class).
    That was a different era WG. Books are now distributed at the beginning of the year and given back to the school at year end so as the kids can take them home to study with.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    That was a different era WG. Books are now distributed at the beginning of the year and given back to the school at year end so as the kids can take them home to study with.
    That's what I said. Class = course = semester or however long the class is. So "my era" did it the same way as now apparently.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2012, 07:35 PM
    Oh, guess I misunderstood you. Not had much sleep lately. :(
    RaiHarmon21 Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jul 5, 2012, 10:35 PM
    Im a girl:) and Im getting emancipated because I'm am emotionally abused and constantly threatened but that won't hold up in court so I'm going to point out the other things that are true but I've just been putting up with for years; drug abuse, neglect, hindering my ability to get an education.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2012, 03:37 AM
    Rai, thanks for clarifying your gender. I ask you to understand that emancipation is something very hard to get and rarely granted. Too often teens jump at it when they have no chance to qualify. That's why we react to such requests. You appear to be the exception.

But we have answered your question about a lawsuit. Did you have any others?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiHarmon21 View Post
    Im a girl:) and Im getting emancipated because im am emotionally abused and constantly threatened but that wont hold up in court so im gonna point out the other things that are true but ive just been putting up with for years; drug abuse, neglect, hindering my ability to get an education.
    I thought you were ; I couldn't see a l6 year old male in that housekeeping role !
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 05:36 AM
    I have a question for the OP. What was your taxable income for last year? Also Im sure your aware but the Social Security that you receive from your mothers passing will stop with the emancipation. How do you plan to make up for it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I have a question for the OP. What was your taxable income for last year? Also Im sure your aware but the Social Security that you recieve from your mothers passing will stop with the emancipation. How do you plan to make up for it?
    I just "got on" and was going to ask the same question - off to find "step" just for my own edification concerning what massage therapists can and cannot do in Arizona -

And $20 an hour for an intern, for starters?

But, yes, the legal question has been answered. Would have been easier if the State had been given the first three times I asked for it - but...

Hopefully OP will come back and let us know how this plays out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sue for damages due to unlawful eviction [ 3 Answers ]

A few months back I got a job looking after an elderly lady. The lady is very active and healthy and travels quite a bit. She lived on a large piece of property with a furnished guest house. She didn't need care, she just didn't like to be on the property all by herself. The agreement was I would...

Can she sue me for damages? [ 9 Answers ]

I was involved in a small fender bender in March. I hit a parked car at work. I knew who it was, and informed them. On our break she came out and looked at her car,(hardly any damage) she said not to worry about it, it was just a small scratch. A month later she was fired and I never heard from her...

Can I sue for damages due to garnishment of ss benefits? [ 4 Answers ]

While my social security benefits were frozen by my bank, several of my checks bounced, including mortgage payments. I have been charged more than $800 in overdraft fees. How can I recover these loses?

Can credit card sue you for damages and liability? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a credit card company sue you for damages and liability? And if they can do so, I will like to know if it is with the purpose to inflict criminal charges. Also if I can stop all of this filing a bankruptcy? I know I am not guilty of anything. The system just does not work. I called so many...

View more questions Search