Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrandieMills Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Toilet problems
    My toilet will run for like 5 seconds about every 3 minutes does anybody know what I can do ? Or what's causing it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandieMills View Post
    my toilet will run for like 5 seconds about every 3 minutes does anybody know what I can do ? Or what's causing it?
    99.5% odds Flapper valve needs replaced.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
    Take your hand and run it around the flat side of the flapper. If you feel rough or wavy edges you have a bad flapper the you should replace. Good luck, Tom
    BrandieMills Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    take your hand and run it around the flat side of the flapper. If you feel rough or wavy edges you have a bad flapper the you should replace. Good luck, tom
    thanks ill try that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems going to toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 22 and lately I find it really hard to go to the toilet (poo). In my last job I used to eat a lot of fried breakfasts and I could always clear myself out properly. Now I work in an office and eat much healthier- sandwiches and fruit for lunch. But whenever I go to the toilet (I can feel that...

Toilet problems, toilet won't old water and won't flush [ 1 Answers ]

We have two toilets in our home and they have quit flushing today. We also have a septic system that we have never had drained and we have lived here 6 years. We did get some rain today and we were wondering if it is due to the rain that we are having toilet issues or is something else going on?

Toilet problems [ 1 Answers ]

We have one bathroom-the toilet more than not-will fill up with water BEFORE it drains-and when it drains it is super slow. The toilet is new, the pipes are also new (within 3 years) and we recently had the septic tank drained and all pipes to and from blown out for any clogs. When we are not...

Toilet problems [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet when flushing fills almost to the top and slowly goes down not flushing properly. I have tried replacing the toilet and had a plumber in to snake the lines but nothing seems to work. Also when they washer on the opposite side of the wall is draining, the toilet bubbles. My home is 30...

View more questions Search